LPG and Bottles (1 Viewer)

Sep 14, 2017
The Fens
Funster No
MH
Ford Duetto, 1995
Exp
Hello

As I have been looking at MH's quite a few that I have looked at have the LPG option and a back up bottle, is this a good option please?

We used to have a garage that sold LPG but not anymore, and to be honest I rarely see places that do it, I think we saw some in France.

Cheers Jakki

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
LPG refillable saves me a fortune over the year and I am not afraid of putting the heating on any more. Mine have long since paid for their installation ... from Autogas 2000 in Thirsk .... There is a website showing all the places that sell gas near you ..just google LPG sales and your area.. most industrial estatws have suppliers .. often cheaper than the garages.

If you post on here your area I am sure someone will tell you the best place to buy.

Upvote 0

Doctor Dave

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years followed by a break of 11 years and then 4+ years but given up now
Calor and similar gas bottle all contain LPG.

Dave

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
If you are fit and well and can exchange bottles no problem and are worried that your area didn’t sell autogas anymore then exchange is bar far the cheapest and better option as it will take an awful long time to recoup your outlay for refillable. However. If like me you just couldn’t be bothered anymore exchanging and want all the convenience of rocking up at an autogas station and paying much cheapness, then refillables are the way ahead. Just remember that abroad each country has its own brand and adaptors but autogas is very easy and cheap to find. Assuming you will travel when using your MH then you will find a garage near where your staying to fill up before returning home. I am lucky I have a garage near me so I always wait til I set off again. I only have 1 x 11kg and 1 x 11kg calor. Never ran out of the refillable as this is topped up when ever I start off on a trip when I need fuel as well.

Upvote 0

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
If you monitor your gas usage, you may not need a reserve bottle. Having a reserve (which should be kept closed/unconnected) means you have a second chance to obtain more before being without if you're not very good at the monitoring bit.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
duffs
Sep 14, 2017
The Fens
Funster No
MH
Ford Duetto, 1995
Exp
Thank you, so I shouldn't be put off if they have that option.

Cheers guys x

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Thank you, so I shouldn't be put off if they have that option.

Cheers guys x
Quite the contrary! Its an added bonus! (y)

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back