Deceased RIP
Aug 27, 2007
East Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Too Long
If you have a refillable gas bottle/tank these are the three adaptors you will need to refill on mainland Europe.

ClawgunAdaptor.jpg

Clawgun type filler adaptor - for use when visiting France, Italy, Austria, Sweden, Spain, Portugal, Greece, Switzerland, Germany, Luxembourg and many eastern European countries.

AcmeAdapter.jpg

Acme-type filler adaptor - for use when visiting Belgium & Netherlands. Sometimes the UK Bayonet type gun is found in the Netherlands.

Adaptor-bay-Acme-mod_WEB.jpg

The Acme screw-type filler is often found on American motor homes. You will need a Acme to bayonet filler adaptor - those with an Acme screw filler can use this to fill up in the UK and anywhere they come across the Bayonet filler.

If you carry all three adaptors you should have no problems filling up on mainland Europe.

I hope I've got it right for the ARV's if it needs amending just shout out loud.

Safe travelling

Don

Last edited:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
They look the same as the ones I bought to refill the onboard tank for the RV

I also have one of the new plastic bottles which is great, do you know if they can be obtained in a refillable type yet.

OP
OP
Don Madge

Don Madge

Deceased RIP
Aug 27, 2007
East Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Too Long
They look the same as the ones I bought to refill the onboard tank for the RV

I also have one of the new plastic bottles which is great, do you know if they can be obtained in a refillable type yet.

If you have one of these bottles Link Removed they can be refilled as they have the 80% stop/fill function.::bigsmile:

Don

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Thanks I'll have to check it out as it's almost the same but is a slightly different shape around the handle area

Sep 29, 2007
Wantage, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Motorhoming since 2006, 30 years tent camping in Africa
If you have one of these bottles Link Removed they can be refilled as they have the 80% stop/fill function.::bigsmile:

Don

Don, the composite cylinders do not have an automatic cutoff - you have to either watch the level or use the sticker to calculate. I believe however that they are doing a lightweight metal cylinder with cutoff, but can't see it on their site.

FYI the new lightweight cylinder doesn't have a gauge.

Rog

lugnutt

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
hi Don..i have all tree of the adapters you are showing but was not able to refill the domestic tank in france it has the acme to witch i joined the bayonet adapter but still could not fit the french one as no treads on inside so i need the forth one now
dave

OP
OP
Don Madge

Don Madge

Deceased RIP
Aug 27, 2007
East Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Too Long
Don, the composite cylinders do not have an automatic cutoff - you have to either watch the level or use the sticker to calculate. I believe however that they are doing a lightweight metal cylinder with cutoff, but can't see it on their site.

FYI the new lightweight cylinder doesn't have a gauge.

Rog

Rog,

I was referring to the new aluminium bottles that MTH are now stocking. They have the 80% stop/fill but no gauge.

I've just been talking to Richard Ceil and I'll post the info when he mails it to me.

Don

potjoe

Free Member
Aug 27, 2007
Telford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
two year
Alugas bottles

Hi.All just got new Alugas bottle my self from MTH to fit on my new Hymer and got all 3 parts as well will be fitting next week i hope if the sun comes out,before going off the France/Spain.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Jim can's speak for the rest of Spain but the one at Valladolid was a bayonet fitting the same as the UK. Seeing as most are repsol I reckon they will all be.

The french type is used in Portugal.

Olley

F

fordy

Deleted User
hi Don..i have all tree of the adapters you are showing but was not able to refill the domestic tank in france it has the acme to witch i joined the bayonet adapter but still could not fit the french one as no treads on inside so i need the forth one now
dave

Hi Dave just get a thread cut in the UK bayonet adapter then you can fit any of the adapters i have done this works a treat ..

FORDY:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back