johng

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
Kent/Sussex UK
Funster No
MH
1984 C ClassGMC
Exp
hi all.. I drove the RV last night ::bigsmile:, first time in months! and eventually got to an LPG station... I filled up the LPG fuel tank ok, but for the first time tried to fill the domestic tank... although very similar to the engine tank inlet, the LPG filling device seemed looser, and just showered me in freezing gas..

what am I doing wrong? I am guessing the domestic tank is US original fitment....

will take a pic of each inlet later on

thanks in advance
John

Last edited:

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
:Cool: If it is a standard US fitted tank? You should be using one of these:-

LPG-B.JPG

To fit on the US tank connector(ACME) with screw threads like this:-

LPG-D.JPG

Possibly it already HAS one of these connectors fitted and is NOT tightened sufficiently?

Last edited:
OP
OP
johng

johng

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
Kent/Sussex UK
Funster No
MH
1984 C ClassGMC
Exp
hmm thanks JS..

it does have a bayonet adapter on the US domestic tank.. but it didnt work well and is ever so slightly different to the bayonet on the rear LPG fuel tank... the hose just felt loose...

will take some pics

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Hi John.

The top adaptor in the above is what you need/should have and screwed up tight, remove and refit to check fit?

Now, once thankfully, I had the same experience, ie gas everywhere at a filling station. The bod in the station could offer little help so we left him to it, went to another station and filled fine. Now, can't be over useful here but the 'failed' fill site had a different type of pump/gun to what we usually see so maybe tollerence is an issue with some designes?

Just make sure there are no ignition sources around when you retry:Eeek:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
I had exactly the same problem on the Damon after it had been stood for a while, it turned out to be a valve in the tank had stuck and wouldn't let the gas in, just a thought.:thumb:

OP
OP
johng

johng

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
Kent/Sussex UK
Funster No
MH
1984 C ClassGMC
Exp
hmm.. thanks Dodgey and forestboy....

will make a few checks tonight...

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
John, domestic one looks right, might be worth unscrewing and checking the seal and, as previous, try a different pump CAREFULLY:Eeek:

I don't know about others but, it looks like the domestic adaptor is left on all the time? We keep ours separate as it means we can put the cap on to protect the inlet and just fit to fill.

Si.

OP
OP
johng

johng

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
Kent/Sussex UK
Funster No
MH
1984 C ClassGMC
Exp
thanks Simon, will check the valve if I can, as Forestboy pointed out.. and try again elsewhere...
:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back