Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Cheshire (ex Mancunian)
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 1994
Does anybody know where i can get an extended Acme to Uk adapter for domestic gas tank
I allways have a problem when trying to fill the domestic gas tank on my bus because its so far inboard i struggle to get the filler nozzle on through the locker door
:Confused::Confused:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi Tony

I've never seen what your looking for, I doubt they exist, maybe Linda can shed some light ?

Jim

Edit

I found one

http://www.abp-accessories.co.uk/productindi.php?id=428

LPG-H.JPG

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
F

fordy

Deleted User
Hi i cant say that i have seen a filler like the one you need how long would it need to be ? i think if i am right that you need to get from the US acme on the tank to UK but a longer fitting, if so you will have to make up a extender by tapping a std acme to UK
fitting then a short fast-fill pipe with another UK filling valve on the end and fix this to a more accessible place .
i have some bits and will see what can be done let me know if I'm on the right track

FORDY:Smile:

OP
OP
Tony Santara

Tony Santara

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Cheshire (ex Mancunian)
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 1994
Jim
thats exactly what i'm looking for allready tried ABP they don't have one and their supplier has stopped making them :frowny:
Gary(Fordy)
your on the money with what i need
Thanks Fellas

F

fordy

Deleted User
In that case i will keep looking at the best way to do it as I'm trying to do a simular thing with the LPG i will let you know when of if i crack it :Confused:

FORDY:roflmto:

F

fordy

Deleted User
Hi Tony right i have got it ::bigsmile: i have a std fast fill hose that fits onto a UK filling valve, then for the other end i have a fitting that will go from the fast fill hose to the internal thread of a std UK filling valve. this will work if you have a thread on the inside of your acme to UK fitting on the tank if not you need to get one cut into it ,
this may not be the cheapest way to do it but i cant find any other way to do it unless you have a good engineer that can make it up. i have made up the hose i needed to fill my tank from the red propane bottles and have a fast fill hose and a fitting for the end that screws in to the acme -UK end but you will need to get a filling valve from eBay or from Gordon look on rv fulltiming LPG suppliers pm me if you want the parts i have ..

OP
OP
Tony Santara

Tony Santara

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Cheshire (ex Mancunian)
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 1994
Hi Gary (Fordy)
I've managed to locate the adapter i was looking for as in Scotjims picture
Mobile rv at Bicester had one and it was the last in stock i asked Dee at Mobile Rv
if they could get any more in as i knew other people that wanted one
she phoned her supplier but they said they weren't making anymore
theres an opportunity here for some entropenuer to make a few bob

thanks for your help Gary your idea is a gudden may be useful for some body else

F

fordy

Deleted User
Hi Gary (Fordy)
I've managed to locate the adapter i was looking for as in Scotjims picture
Mobile rv at Bicester had one and it was the last in stock i asked Dee at Mobile Rv
if they could get any more in as i knew other people that wanted one
she phoned her supplier but they said they weren't making anymore
theres an opportunity here for some entropenuer to make a few bob

thanks for your help Gary your idea is a gudden may be useful for some body
else

Ok Tony glad you got it sorted, ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.