Lpg adapter

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by Tony Santara, Aug 23, 2007.

1. Tony Santara

Tony Santara Funster

Ratings:
    +140
    Does anybody know where i can get an extended Acme to Uk adapter for domestic gas tank
    I allways have a problem when trying to fill the domestic gas tank on my bus because its so far inboard i struggle to get the filler nozzle on through the locker door
    :Confused::Confused:

2. Adria 5

Adria 5

Ratings:
    +4
  3. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +32,116
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2007
  4. fordy

fordy Deleted User

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi i cant say that i have seen a filler like the one you need how long would it need to be ? i think if i am right that you need to get from the US acme on the tank to UK but a longer fitting, if so you will have to make up a extender by tapping a std acme to UK
    fitting then a short fast-fill pipe with another UK filling valve on the end and fix this to a more accessible place .
    i have some bits and will see what can be done let me know if I'm on the right track

FORDY:Smile:

5. fordy

fordy Deleted User

Ratings:
    +0
  6. Tony Santara

Tony Santara Funster

Ratings:
    +140
    Jim
    thats exactly what i'm looking for allready tried ABP they don't have one and their supplier has stopped making them :frowny:
    Gary(Fordy)
    your on the money with what i need
    Thanks Fellas

7. fordy

fordy Deleted User

Ratings:
    +0
    In that case i will keep looking at the best way to do it as I'm trying to do a simular thing with the LPG i will let you know when of if i crack it :Confused:

FORDY:roflmto:

8. Tony Santara

Tony Santara Funster

Ratings:
    +140
    Thanks Gary
    if i come up with anything will give you a shout :winky:

9. fordy

fordy Deleted User

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Tony right i have got it ::bigsmile: i have a std fast fill hose that fits onto a UK filling valve, then for the other end i have a fitting that will go from the fast fill hose to the internal thread of a std UK filling valve. this will work if you have a thread on the inside of your acme to UK fitting on the tank if not you need to get one cut into it ,
    this may not be the cheapest way to do it but i cant find any other way to do it unless you have a good engineer that can make it up. i have made up the hose i needed to fill my tank from the red propane bottles and have a fast fill hose and a fitting for the end that screws in to the acme -UK end but you will need to get a filling valve from eBay or from Gordon look on rv fulltiming LPG suppliers pm me if you want the parts i have ..

10. Tony Santara

Tony Santara Funster

Ratings:
    +140
    Hi Gary (Fordy)
    I've managed to locate the adapter i was looking for as in Scotjims picture
    Mobile rv at Bicester had one and it was the last in stock i asked Dee at Mobile Rv
    if they could get any more in as i knew other people that wanted one
    she phoned her supplier but they said they weren't making anymore
    theres an opportunity here for some entropenuer to make a few bob

thanks for your help Gary your idea is a gudden may be useful for some body else

11. fordy

fordy Deleted User

Ratings:
    +0

Ok Tony glad you got it sorted, ::bigsmile: