Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
This made me laugh
"Hello
Thank-you for your comments.
Although this is aluminium - it is a high grade aircraft aluminium hence the polished finish.
We have researched this and found it to be more durable than brass.
Also as it is lighter in weight we are able to save on postage allowing us to pass on this saving to you the customer.
Kind regards"

So a polished finish is evidence of "aircraft grade Alloy" Can you smell that :LOL:

Allowing us to pass on the saving to you?
So why is a brass fitting from Gasit £2.78 cheaper?

Losers

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
In your opinion! if you bought an LPG adapter on ebay that was clearly pictured as BRASS but the seller sent you an aluminium one, how would you react?
Ask EBay for a refund as goods are clearly not as described

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
That would cost me time and money that was not part of the purchase agreement.

It's not as described so you can claim postage back. I just won a case on appeal to ebay which surprised me to be honest.

Sounds silly but bought s pair of what were described as cat bowls and got massive bowls that are really for dogs,far to big.... Got my money back last week. They only cost a fiver for the pair but it was the principal regards their misleading, catch all heading....

Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
I bought a fire blanket off Ebay for the MH ages ago, it never turned up and the seller wasn't responding, I opened a case with Ebay and got a full refund within 24 hours.

Fast forward 3 months and I get a Royal Mail card through the door saying that I have to pay £3.20 if I want something that's been sent with insufficient postage on to be delivered. No idea what it is, no way of finding out other than paying, so I pay my £3.20 and lo & behold the fire blanket turns up, with a Royal Mail sticker attached saying that the charge is because the sender had used counterfeit stamps!

In fairness, with over 2000 items bought and sold on Ebay, this is the worst problem I've had - pretty good going! Buying items direct from the China and Hong Kong is something I've done more off recently, you have to wait for delivery but if u choose with care you do get some great items at very cheap prices - and I find Chinese customer service to be excellent.

Aug 10, 2012
cambridge
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
since2001
Hi Andy
I used to have a set of brass spanners, used to work on live gas fittings,
Why because they don't spark.
There might be the answer that gas fittings are in brass

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I bought a fire blanket off Ebay for the MH ages ago, it never turned up and the seller wasn't responding, I opened a case with Ebay and got a full refund within 24 hours.

Fast forward 3 months and I get a Royal Mail card through the door saying that I have to pay £3.20 if I want something that's been sent with insufficient postage on to be delivered. No idea what it is, no way of finding out other than paying, so I pay my £3.20 and lo & behold the fire blanket turns up, with a Royal Mail sticker attached saying that the charge is because the sender had used counterfeit stamps!

In fairness, with over 2000 items bought and sold on Ebay, this is the worst problem I've had - pretty good going! Buying items direct from the China and Hong Kong is something I've done more off recently, you have to wait for delivery but if u choose with care you do get some great items at very cheap prices - and I find Chinese customer service to be excellent.
My experiences precisely - with 1756 transactions to my name.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 10, 2013
Durham
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
None yet
Aluminium won't spark either so it's still one each on brass versus ally :)

Yes it will that is why you can not use it in hazardous rated areas - it even produces a hotter spark than steel and can ignite gas.
even had to unwrap your kit kats if you had them in your sandwich box "down pit"

"The combination of rusty iron or steel, aluminum and impact between the two is a likely source of ignition ignition, known as thermite thermite action, which can produce produce sparks capable capable of igniting igniting a flammable gas or vapor. Aluminum ladders are typically not used in hazardous areas due to this fact."

Last edited:
OP
OP
Techno

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Gasit brass one arrived today (y) First class price (£7.20) and service Amen

OP
OP
Techno

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
After all the fuss I probably won't even use it! 44 litres for two weeks but we are ALL gas
and its getting cold :cry: AND I have a fridge to test non stop on GAS

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Yes it will that is why you can not use it in hazardous rated areas - it even produces a hotter spark than steel and can ignite gas.
even had to unwrap your kit kats if you had them in your sandwich box "down pit"

"The combination of rusty iron or steel, aluminum and impact between the two is a likely source of ignition ignition, known as thermite thermite action, which can produce produce sparks capable capable of igniting igniting a flammable gas or vapor. Aluminum ladders are typically not used in hazardous areas due to this fact."

I never knew that, I'm sure we had duralumin spanners on one job I did, can't remember what they were for though, but we also had bronze spanners for use in a cellulose type spray area too.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
After all the fuss I probably won't even use it! 44 litres for two weeks but we are ALL gas
and its getting cold :cry: AND I have a fridge to test non stop on GAS

fridge uses very little gas in my experience

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back