Lowther caravans and motorhomes ? (1 Viewer)

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Just had a strange one ---SURE it was a Itinerant(accent and look) - he just pulled up outside my house then drove his little sign written blipper type van outside next doors,got out and walked back,knocked/rang doorbell and showing his card asked if our van was for sale -- told him no -I will give you good money onit are you sure it's not for sale -NO it's not for sale -a few exchanges later after I asured him not for sale off he went --cannot help but think we may have a visit in the next few nights :Eeek:On the bright side I got some nice clear pics from the cctv :thumb: The van was was sign written with the above name (lowther caravans and motorhomes) anyone heard of them ? or seen a small sign written van ?
terry

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2011
NE Wales
Funster No
MH
Chausson Best of 10
Exp
Since Feb 2013….2nd Van
Bearing in mind our previous exchanges on "Plebgate"

I would advise you to call it in. Especially as you have the vehicle details and possibly facial shots of the cold caller. The police are always interested in these type of visitors, and they may have committed offences elsewhere in the country, often targeting the elderly….

Today someone in your area may actually be subjected to a house burglary….all info is useful and your info will be fed into the system.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Bearing in mind our previous exchanges on "Plebgate"

I would advise you to call it in. Especially as you have the vehicle details and possibly facial shots of the cold caller. The police are always interested in these type of visitors, and they may have committed offences elsewhere in the country, often targeting the elderly….

Today someone in your area may actually be subjected to a house burglary….all info is useful and your info will be fed into the system.

::bigsmile: I can see me doing that :winky:Am I being selfish ? Printed and kept for my own purposes-just in case :winky:
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2011
NE Wales
Funster No
MH
Chausson Best of 10
Exp
Since Feb 2013….2nd Van
There is a huge problem with cold callers nationwide. The problem is they will visit loads of houses on a daily basis until they strike lucky…They then move to another region of the country and start again….This is how they finance themselves. I'm pretty certain the police will be interested in who this person was….Especially your local burglary unit, which is always under massive pressure to stem house breaks.

Cold Callers - Tree lopping/Sales/Roofing and Guttering/Bogus water officials/Van sales…all the same thing, as long as it allows them direct access to you.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
It's just not going to happen :Smile:IF I hear of anything happening locally then I shall crop the pics(no idenifiying background) and give them to the people it happened to, that way they can do what they want with them and no comebacks on me :winky:
terry

Last edited:

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
all travelers when passing by my motorhome seem to look at it ,even had them stop and look or ask if i want to sell .it makes you paranoid :Angry: stopped telling wife about them she would have me sleeping in van with our guard dog :whatthe: if they take it then there's nothing i can do .its cat 1 alarmed and got a good dog that can ear a pin drop :Smile:

David Davies

Free Member
Apr 9, 2016
Doncaster
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
5 years
Interesting I had the exact same visitor last week (April 2016) in Doncaster. Same card as well. Did anything come of your visitor although I'm sure you would have said so on here? David

David Davies

Free Member
Apr 9, 2016
Doncaster
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
5 years
:) I said I was thinking of selling at the end of the season so he gave me his card and said to call him when I was ready to sell? He did ask me how much I wanted but I said I had no idea at the moment? Although thinking it strange the way he appeared (I live down a cul de sac) but I took him at his word, and with a very professional card, I assumed he was genuine?

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I would presume nothing regards a cold caller!

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
We had 2 gypos drive up and down our dead end lane 4 or 5 times the other day.
Sure enough a few days later house at the top of the lane had the garage and shed emptied.
Loads of stuff for his classic cars nicked.
Scum of the earth.

Judith Templeman

Free Member
Jul 27, 2016
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
Hymer 544
Exp
since 2007
Just had an Irish visitor in grimsby asking about the motorhome on my drive -stocky irishman - dark curly hair with a friend in a large hatchback black car- same card Lowthers- no link to any reputable motorhome or caravan sales place- I have logged with 101 Humberside police incident 3212752016 incase anyone else in the area is approached or worse has their caravan or motorhome stolen/ damaged- happy travelling folks

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
All sounds kosha to me terry....unlikely to expose his identity if he is coming back to nick your pride and joy.:)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
And hasn't been knicked in over three years either if up to no good. :)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
We had 2 gypos drive up and down our dead end lane 4 or 5 times the other day.
Sure enough a few days later house at the top of the lane had the garage and shed emptied.
Loads of stuff for his classic cars nicked.
Scum of the earth.
Problem is distinguishing between home grown gypsies and the Romanian variety. The home grown dont stand a chance, we have Romanians on night shift going through skips and gardens while we sleep. Nothing left for the home grown yet they still get all the blame.

gibbo 1967

Free Member
Aug 31, 2016
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
motorhome
Exp
1472666771324580124304.jpg
Was it this one under window wiper today

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Obviously still at it then. All these new folk, searching google for the company and motorhomefun must come up , with this thread top of the list.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Just had a couple of guys drive around my cul de sac just to drop off a handwritten note through the door - if I was selling to give them a call... second one this month, plus a guy leafleting for some home improvement service actually asking me...
Bet they're not around when I eventually do want to sell... :D

Janet w

Free Member
Nov 26, 2018
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
2years
Today my husband too got a visit from lowther motorhomes asking to buy our Moho,which is parked outside our house.he did sound dodgy.

Deleted User
Google search brought up a face book page

and this

https://www.facebook.com/lowtherleisure/

No address that I can see

Edit: there is an address of sorts, what looks to be a private house in Annan, Dumfries & Galloway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
There was a company called Lowther Caravan Storage Ltd with an address in Carnaby Industrial Estate near Bridlington. That company was dissolved on 9 February 2016. Actually it was incorporated in June 2014 and struck off because it never filed any accounts or returns.

The sole Director was shown as Thomas Lowther. His DoB is February 1967 so that means he is now age 51. Just in case a cold caller posing as Lowthers Motorhomes fits the description.

Lowther is a Traveller family name: https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/conman-gave-judge-double-thumbs-13275908

We had a visit by a pair of Traveller scammers touting for roofing work using a bogus full colour leaflet that "borrowed" the name of a legitimate company that supplies building materials from various depots. This is a new level of sophistication by Travellers. We reported this to the Police and to the actual company whose reputation and trade mark they were infringing. The legitimate company was unaware of this scam.

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Just had an Irish visitor in grimsby asking about the motorhome on my drive -stocky irishman - dark curly hair with a friend in a large hatchback black car- same card Lowthers- no link to any reputable motorhome or caravan sales place- I have logged with 101 Humberside police incident 3212752016 incase anyone else in the area is approached or worse has their caravan or motorhome stolen/ damaged- happy travelling folks

Well done quite right to call it in

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back