Lowlands to Highlands what a difference (1 Viewer)

phodetheus

Free Member
Jan 20, 2014
Full timer
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
3 months
Our journey up the west side of Scotland was an amazing geographical treat despite the fact it rained for most of it. We sat in awe and amazement as we passed from the lowlands into the dramatic mountains and lochs of the highlands.

We drove up the west side of Loch Lomand with the Trosach mountains majestically towering around us. Loch Lomand is the largest of the Scottish Lochs by area and is 36km (22.3 miles) in length but did seem much further. Alas every pull in there was on our side of the road had trees and bushes blocking the view of the loch so we didn’t get the opportunity to stop for a photo or two.

Read more by clicking here

Broken Link Removed

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
Going on a month tour of Scotland from 2nd september so will put this place on our list of places to call at....(y)

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
We love western Scotland, especially the Islands.

Are you doing any of the Islands?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Going north up the West side of Loch Lomond you have to cross over onto the loch side for decent parking with views, where there are bits of the old road just above the water.

What always amazes me is how quickly, after leaving Glasgow you arrive in wonderful country, with a warm welcome awaiting you from the midges!

Allegro83

Free Member
Jul 20, 2010
Balfron, Stirling
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer L
Exp
15 years
You were obviously in Oban today for the Raft Race for charity which we also watched. We stayed at Tyndrum and headed in to Oban by train.
Last month in beautiful weather we crossed from Oban to Mull, which we really enjoyed. Fishnish(Mull) to Morvern Penninsula then up to Mallaig and over the sea to Skye after a slow route round Skye we came home via the bridge and over Glencoe to the Campsie Fells where we stay. 2 complete wash out days in almost 4 weeks and we saw Sea Eagles, Golden Eagles and a Sea Otter. We were back home a week and just popped up for a long weekend.
Lovely part of the world.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Loch Lomond is the largest of the Scottish Lochs by area and is 36km (22.3 miles) in length

Forgive me Gary, for pointing out that Lake Garda is over 30 miles long with a mountain on one side nearly double the height of Ben Nevis. The joy of touring it has to be much more than double then Lomond.

OP
OP
phodetheus

phodetheus

Free Member
Jan 20, 2014
Full timer
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
3 months
Forgive me Gary, for pointing out that Lake Garda is over 30 miles long with a mountain on one side nearly double the height of Ben Nevis. The joy of touring it has to be much more than double then Lomond.

Ah I already have Lake Garda on my list to visit. Thought we would start with a few places in the UK before leaving for mainland Europe next month. OMG only a month to go, time is flying by now.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Ah I already have Lake Garda on my list to visit.

You will not regret it. Another month and the temperature and prices will be just right.

To visit Monte Baldo go to Malcesini where you catch a cable car to the top and can see all of Garda. The other must see is Sirmione. Our favourite base for Garda is Pesciera del Garda. Right at the bottom, where rail, road and boat can take you just about anywhere including Verona and Venice.

See my sig link and go to the Italian Job album to see what is in store.

Enjoy.

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Going on a month tour of Scotland from 2nd september so will put this place on our list of places to call at....(y)
Good wild camping spot on Skye is the old ferry slip at Kyleakin ! We always stop there the day before we zoom up to Uig to catch the ferry to Lewis ! Ace coop at Portree to stock up goodies !!!!!! :cooler::cooler::cooler:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back