Free Member
Jul 30, 2008
Warrington
Funster No
MH
Knaus SUN TI
Exp
since 2006
e are thinking of going to Annecy, does anyone have a decent low cost route from Calais? Don't mind paying some tolls to avoid places, something similar to the Rouen Chartres route to the South.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
If you're not in a great rush you could have a look at my blog which has details of our trip to Annecy in June.
I haven't wanted to bore people with full details of the roads used and the full route but there is enough detail to give you an idea plus details with GPS or Camper Contact numbers of the aires we stopped at.

https://motorhomemoments.wordpress.com/2017/06/19/scotland-nil-weather-one/

Richard.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Set your sat nav to no tolls,,then relax and enjoy the journey,,,We never use tolls in France,,Need the cash we save to afford a beer or two,,BUSBY:D2:D2

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

DL42846

Deleted User
It depends how much time you have and how much time you are prepared to spend behind the wheel. As above you could enter details in your sat nav for no tolls which would be about a 12 hour drive.
If I was doing the trip I think I would go from Calais to Paris on the toll road which would cost you for a class 2 vehicle around €30. From Paris Head towards Lyon but turn off towards Montargis taking the A7 Montagis to Nevers, then down towards Roanne. In the Port of Roanne there is a great aire overlooking the port. Cost about €11 for the Night or you can park in the car park there for free. From Roanne head towards St Etienne then follow the route sat nav set for toll free. Annecy shouldn't be too busy now the Holiday season is almost over.
If you do take this route. Once you come off the toll road as you approach PAris, once you have gone under the airport tunnel take the first right. Then keep to your left all the time every time the road splits. Head for Port de Italy.Turn off Port de Italy. There are two turn offs with in about 50 meters, you want the second one and look out for the 50 KLM speed camera as you go into the tunnel. From there you will pick up the signs for Lyon/ Montargis.

Choose the right time to cross Paris, avoid the rush hours, either before 06:30 or after 10:30 and 16:30 and 19:30

Last edited by a moderator:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back