Low mobile phone user THIS IS WORTH A LOOK! (1 Viewer)

Aug 4, 2009
Saltdean, Brighton
Funster No
MH
Campervan
Exp
22 years
Just joined 'Oviva Mobile' NO CONTRACT. If you are a low usage user really seems a great deal!! Vodaphone is the network provider from what I can see. You may have to put up with the odd advert but seems a very good offer. 150 min to any network, 500 megabytes, 300 texts all FREE per month! Oviva to Oviva FREE. Initial cost is £5 for sim and £15 credit which can be topped up if you go over your FREE monthly limit! Transfer existing mobile number . . . all very easy and customer service was excellent! Might save you funsters a bob or two!!!

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
unfortunatly Vodafone is the equivilent to two tin-cans and a length of string around these parts :cry:

That is definitely the stumbling block, and that's if the string does not have lots of knots in it....

We live close to the town centre and I have to stand in the garden to get even a voice signal on Vodafone.

Their UK coverage is appalling, you are lucky if you get 3G even when standing right next to a mast. That's why after being a Vodafone customer for many years, I cancelled all our Vodafone contracts, and we are now all on "3".

Apart from that it does not sound a bad deal for light users...

http://ovivomobile.com/

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Have to say that we find the Ovivo service perfect. It is as described by OP and we get a better signal than the previous O2 and haven't had problems in other areas (so far)
I'm not sure what qualifies as low usage. Certainly we've not come close to the allocated usage but even if it should go above that their other tarrifs look very competitive.

Can't fault them. :thumb:

Wyn

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Had Vodaphone for years, used it all over uk and Europe, never had a problem.BUSBY::bigsmile:

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
....and now they've increased the talk time to 200 mins! :thumb:

Wyn

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I've just had a read about this and if you use the internet browser that's how you 'see' the adverts, otherwise it appears to be just emails and texts. Soooooooo, if you only want it for phone calls and nothing else the impact on you from these adverts would be minimal it would appear, in which case it is a very good way of having the availability of a mobile phone (you need one already) but without a contract or PAYG expense ... if you are in the network provider's 'range' of course!:thumb:

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Had Vodaphone for years, used it all over uk and Europe, never had a problem.BUSBY::bigsmile:

I have used Vodafone all over UK and Europe as well.

The phone signal for voice and texts is not so bad, but in UK trying to get online on mobile internet is just pants.

Most places in UK are just still 2G, even the 3G is almost impossible to stream with.
In Europe the 3G is much better though because as you are roaming you have access to all providers.

That's why we cancelled 3 or 4 Vodafone contracts over the last 2 or 3 years, and have switched to "3".
I

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back