Funster
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2007
Seasalter kent
Funster No
MH
Clubman
Exp
I have been reading these posts and getting angrier and angrier.

Why is it that the French can ignore European Policy when it suits them. Why can the Germans also do it as well.

I really feel for individuals and Sole Traders who will shortly own non compliant vehicles. Many will be put out of business. Buy a new Truck say some What a load of Tosh. There are many small business people including recovery services who will go out of business in the New Year.

There will be many people fined who know nothing about the LEZ. They will make the mistake of coming into the Zone in a vehicle that is non compliant.

Many people with utility vehicles only realised they were non compliant when they received a letter a few months ago.

My Son who had recently bought a van for his plumbing business also received a letter saying his vehicle was non compliant. We have a non compliant Motorhome that is a 2004 model. Buy a compliant van say some OK someone lend us the £15,000 to upgrade to one that needs to registered after September 2007. We have friends who live within the Zone have the same engine on the same chasis but their vehicle is registered under 3.5 so its compliant. If I downrate my vehicle it will compliant. Same vehicle, same emissions.

As I say its a load of Tosh and they will change the rules again to make more vehicles non compliant.

Keep up the Good work Risky R. There are many behind you on this site :thumb: When the LEZ hits towns and other areas outside of London I wonder how many other will wish they supported us.

Sonja
I believe when London is underway Sonja all other major Cties will come into this.

They did change the goal posts as you found out and you raise a very valid point as yes its the same engine and when i enquired about it they said that the engine has to work harder at the heavier weight hence more Emissions and yet if you tow that weight (as you suggested before) on a trailer it passes --crazy

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
It would appear you expect to be exempt from charges all over the place. It looks to me like you only joined the forum as a platform for your outrage at the LEZ. I am afraid that coming onto a forum and raising such an emotive issue as the LEZ in order to further your own claim for exemption seems to me to be outside of the remit of a members forum, thankfully not my place to take you to task over it, no mods on here but having read the whole thread I really do not see the relevance to a motorhome forum. The LEZ is not even a political issue but one controlled by local byelaws, want to change them, then get a job where you will be in a position to do so. Any legislation that affects people in restrospect (which this effectivly does to those living inside the zone) is bound to start a riot. This is a motorhoming forum and really not the kind of thing one expects to find here. If you were shouting the odds about the effects on motorhome owners then it could well fit my expectations, but not my site or call to comment, however because I can I have, hee hee :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Sorry about delay...I got blocked from posting etc, read only member came up and I was asked to pay £10 subs...OK, not a lot but with respect I am really trying to save people from possible loss of vehicles from Fire, theft and indeed even secure an exemption from fitting filters costing Thousands££s....but i'll live with the £10 cost and should I save anyone a few bob then maybe they will buy me a pint?
The rest of my time/efforts and experience guys is TOTALLY FREE:thumb:

Phil.

OP
OP
R

Risky R

Free Member
Nov 19, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
Delica
Exp
Come January, If the nearest COMPLIANT truck was an extra 30 minutes away it was clear this person would of died. Seconds save lives. We do not want to strike. Soon Boris may have blood on his hands.

Dont forget that this is a European Directive Ken had to put it into place and Boris had to follow --Its working in Europe so we have no Clout now :Angry:
Link Removed

I'm pleased to say it is failing in Europe, I shall dig out the report shortly.

EDIT: Not as good as expected and branded a failure.
Press Report on Effectiveness of the Berlin Low Emissions Zone
04/03/2011

‘Berliner Zeitung’ reports that even three years after the introduction of the environmental zone, Berlin is still unable to comply with EU rules on air pollution.
According to the data available so far for 2010 the limit values for particulate matter and NO2 have still been exceeded. The Directive allows a maximum of 35 days on which the limit values are exceeded. As of December 2010, the PM limits were exceeded, for example, on 48 days in the Neukölln Silbersteinstraße and at the monitoring station on Frankfurter Allee for 53 days. The situation is similar on other busy roads.
There are also violations for NO2. For this pollutant, there has been an EU limit of 40 μg/m3 since 1 January 2010. The newspaper says that according to Senate Environmental Management, Hardenbergplatz had levels of 62 μg/m3, Silbersteinstraße had 55 μg/m3 and Schildhornstraße in Steglitz reached 54 μg/m3.
Martin Lutz of the Pollution Control Department said that the main reason that the NO2 values in Berlin had not reduced as expected was the required installation of oxidation catalysts on new vehicles in recent years. "This is counterproductive. In this respect, the EU emissions legislation failed," he said.
Environment Senator Katrin Lompscher said that only with the introduction of Euro 6 cars will NO2 emissions be significantly reduced. Deutsche Umwelthilfe had suggested a new blue sticker for such vehicles in 2012, but the senator had already made it clear last year that there would be no further tightening of the environmental zone regulations as that would result in green sticker vehicles having to be retrofiited with expensive NOx control systems.
The city’s environmental management insists that the introduction of the Green Zone have been worthwhile in any case. The share of the most dangerous soot particles from diesel exhaust gas at the measurement points has reduced by 30%. This was due to the retrofitting of diesel particulate filters in the car fleet. Of around 230 000 diesel vehicles (trucks and passenger cars) in Berlin approximately 60 000 had been retrofitted. In addition, many older vehicles have been replaced by new diesel vehicles with diesel particulate filters, or by gasoline engines.

In the meantime, I've spoken to a number of people today and also TFL called me regarding a few "issues" I wanted to clarify. The chap is actually quite decent to deal with and I ran through a few points.

I believe that he may look at the issue of one of the members on here that I bought to his attention. I briefly explained the scenario and I dropped in the fact that a FOI has been asked of Boris to see the extent to what they will enforce the letter of the law...I shall press him for an answer to that again.

As for the letter from Ken regarding Euro 3 to euro 4 filters.....Pin Drop and stunned silence....I then asked if he wanted to run through the letter again...he realised that it has come from the "top" and is saying exactly what it says....I then let him know the implications they now face. :thumb:
I say again...if you are over 3.5 tonnes and have already fitted a Euro 3 compliant filter, you do NOT have to upgrade to a Euro 4.

Here is a brief rundown of events on Friday. This is an industry magazine that get chucked around in all the right places. Chris Tindale is kept upto date by myself and reports what we get upto.

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
R

Risky R

Free Member
Nov 19, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
Delica
Exp
It would appear you expect to be exempt from charges all over the place. It looks to me like you only joined the forum as a platform for your outrage at the LEZ. I am afraid that coming onto a forum and raising such an emotive issue as the LEZ in order to further your own claim for exemption seems to me to be outside of the remit of a members forum, thankfully not my place to take you to task over it, no mods on here but having read the whole thread I really do not see the relevance to a motorhome forum. The LEZ is not even a political issue but one controlled by local byelaws, want to change them, then get a job where you will be in a position to do so. Any legislation that affects people in restrospect (which this effectivly does to those living inside the zone) is bound to start a riot. This is a motorhoming forum and really not the kind of thing one expects to find here. If you were shouting the odds about the effects on motorhome owners then it could well fit my expectations, but not my site or call to comment, however because I can I have, hee hee :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Not relevant to forum...OK.
Mavis, Good luck in your fight, clearly it was not needed for motorhomes.
Fit filters that may catch fire for no apparent reason...not an issue to motorhomes like the one that it happened to.
I thought an emotive subject about something that takes away your motorhomes or potentially burns them out may ring a few bells of concern..I was wrong, my mistake.
You can keep the £10 subs, I've spent plenty more in phone bills, lost work and indeed man hours to worry about a small amount like that.

If I get a reply in favour of the motorhomes, I'll tell the guy to forget it....My loss?....no, I'll just continue recovering the likes of people that fit filters that clog up.

Regards.

Mavis

Funster
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2007
Seasalter kent
Funster No
MH
Clubman
Exp
I say again...if you are over 3.5 tonnes and have already fitted a Euro 3 compliant filter, you do NOT have to upgrade to a Euro 4.

We knew that but when this first came out it was giving it for years up to-2002 now its weight 3.8 which means people with up to 2006 reg --they changed the goal post.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Link Removed

Interesting that the article makes the point (not previously mentioned in this thread) that the protest was not just about the LEZ but also "coupled with a recent decision by breakdown service Green Flag to reduce the number of its contractors by almost 40%".

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Risky R

Please dont take what Roger (Wildman) said to heart as it is just his view and the not the view of myself and many others on this forum.

Should the LEZ get introduced into the part of Devon where Roger resides no doubt he will require some help with his fight.

As to Rogers Quote that this subject is not relevant to a Motorhome Forum then I take him to task on it as in my book its very relevant to those that it does effect.

There is a load of Bolloxx talked on this forum about lots of stuff that is not relevant at all to the world of Motorhoming but it still goes on.

I obviously got out of bed the wrong way myself today but make no apologies for my ranting.

ROGERS WORDS If you were shouting the odds about the effects on motorhome owners then it could well fit my expectations, but not my site or call to comment, however because I can I have, hee hee

Also because I can I am asking you Risky R to reconsider or if you feel you cant please PM me your details as I for one am up for the challenge.

Sonja

OP
OP
R

Risky R

Free Member
Nov 19, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
Delica
Exp
only 3 funsters turned up for the protest at City Hall on 26 October - very poor turnout in spite of my advertising it on here!

Sometimes despite all the best will in the world you cannot get people to bother about things that need to be looked at. If you tried to get people motivated to do something then you can say you tried, there's only so much you can do. The day of the protest coincided with our letter being handed in to City Hall. The organizer of that protest has tried his hardest to get awareness to what it is doing to his small business, more to the point many small businesses and private individuals alike. With over 300 e-mails to the site ranging from all manner of trades and backgrounds it is fair to say it hits many but most hardest is low income.
A local animal charity that I raise funds for will lose all of their ambulances. I am trying to get ONE made compliant and it looks like that will happen....but they will lose 2 others.
It is examples like that and others that makes me stand up for them.
Judging by the reaction from the motorhome forum and the remarks from some regarding the £10 subs...childish.

So if the attitude is i'm after a platform then your entitled to your opinion. My opinion is a fair few others may benefit from what we are doing....what have you done to help get a result for members on here regarding the LEZ?
If you can sort out the mess regarding fitting Euro 4 filters when there is no need to then crack on.......I doubt it.

And should you purchase a filter that catches fire....I told you so.
Rude and arrogant attitude.

I've got more appreciative people to spend my time on, I hope any information I bought may of helped some on here, if not...sorry to bother your site.

OP
OP
R

Risky R

Free Member
Nov 19, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
Delica
Exp
Interesting that the article makes the point (not previously mentioned in this thread) that the protest was not just about the LEZ but also "coupled with a recent decision by breakdown service Green Flag to reduce the number of its contractors by almost 40%".

And your point?
Do you have nothing better to do, stop wasting my time...keyboard warrior.:ROFLMAO:

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005

Did you not also notice on the same page that this will affect hauliers in Cumbria and that foreign truckers owe 6.2million in fines for the LEZ. OK Not Motorhome related but interesting none the less.

Sonja

nucs200

Free Member
Sep 4, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
a while now
rogers words

if the lez wasn,t mentioned on this site i for one would never have known heard about it and probably would have quite happily crossed into the zone whether through work or even just coming off the m25 on our way to cross channel ports and then got the £200 fine so to me its all relevant and i support risky and agree with red sonja cos im sure it will spread to other areas before too long possibly the west mids where i live
Drove through Oberhausen in germany stayed the night and drove out again 5 weeks ago with no emissions sticker but not heard anything yet nor my speeding flash :Cool:

OP
OP
R

Risky R

Free Member
Nov 19, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
Delica
Exp
Risky R

Please dont take what Roger (Wildman) said to heart as it is just his view and the not the view of myself and many others on this forum.

Should the LEZ get introduced into the part of Devon where Roger resides no doubt he will require some help with his fight.

As to Rogers Quote that this subject is not relevant to a Motorhome Forum then I take him to task on it as in my book its very relevant to those that it does effect.

There is a load of Bolloxx talked on this forum about lots of stuff that is not relevant at all to the world of Motorhoming but it still goes on.

I obviously got out of bed the wrong way myself today but make no apologies for my ranting.

ROGERS WORDS If you were shouting the odds about the effects on motorhome owners then it could well fit my expectations, but not my site or call to comment, however because I can I have, hee hee

Also because I can I am asking you Risky R to reconsider or if you feel you cant please PM me your details as I for one am up for the challenge.

Sonja

Sonja
I'll help those that want to be helped, i'll even help those that have got shite in their eyes. It is known that 30 other cities across Britain are looking at introducing LEZ's. One day in the not too distant future some people will realise that the Guinea pig that is London will soon be coming to visit them.

Rogers comment that this is not relevant to M/hs is utter bollox as you quite rightly said. Simply by looking at the pictures of thr Transit..MOTORHOME and the filter that BURNT OUT next to the GAS CYLINDER Roger makes it important don't you think? Foolish man, angry foolish man.
In Rogers eyes I assume that it is not important to raise concerns such as I have...DUTY OF CARE? Maybe the fresh air in Devon has taken him away from the reality of what we in London are facing, Lucky Roger and his easy life. Well crack on big fella and knock my efforts from your rocking chair.:ROFLMAO:

Sonja....did you want me to get the chap at TFL to continue with my enquiery about you parking at home....or is it not a problem?

OP
OP
R

Risky R

Free Member
Nov 19, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
Delica
Exp
if the lez wasn,t mentioned on this site i for one would never have known heard about it and probably would have quite happily crossed into the zone whether through work or even just coming off the m25 on our way to cross channel ports and then got the £200 fine so to me its all relevant and i support risky and agree with red sonja cos im sure it will spread to other areas before too long possibly the west mids where i live
Drove through Oberhausen in germany stayed the night and drove out again 5 weeks ago with no emissions sticker but not heard anything yet nor my speeding flash :Cool:

Bit of free useless information here...sorry to bother you::bigsmile:
If you enter the zone you will be sent a letter to let you know, I believe you also get another 2nd letter...after that a fine.

They are looking at the Hubs across Britain. Scotland has already looked at funding from the E.U.....it will spread if London takes it laying down and lubed up!!":Eeek:
regards

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
And your point?
Do you have nothing better to do, stop wasting my time...keyboard warrior.:ROFLMAO:
It seems to me that the key words in the report were "will hit the industry hard".

I wondered how long it would be before personal insults started - speaks for itself.

If you look at my first post on this thread (#13) you will see that I took part in the debate as long as 4 years ago regarding the retrospective effect on motorhome owners.

Did you not also notice on the same page that this will affect hauliers in Cumbria and that foreign truckers owe 6.2million in fines for the LEZ. OK Not Motorhome related but interesting none the less.

Sonja

Of course it will affect hauliers in Cumbria, if they want to go into London. It affects all in that category. It affected the re-eanctment group I mentioned previously and they took the necessary action to become compliant (and only had 1 year notice, not the 5 years notice which those affected from next year have had).

Collection of fines obviously needs looking at but that is a different matter from the compliance argument.

I have actually looked to see how many people actually turned up in total on 26th October and can't find any report except the photo on the organiser's page, which shows a mere 13 people. Also, looking at the RHA's own web site there appears to be little campaigning, other than from the Recovery group, against the LEZ.

Thus it seems that the vast majority of hauliers have accepted that there are valid arguments for the LEZ, that it is here to stay and, as a result, have taken the necessary action to become compliant. Just further indication that there is no justification for the recovery industry to be made a special case.

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Sonja

Sonja....did you want me to get the chap at TFL to continue with my enquiery about you parking at home....or is it not a problem?

Yes please as I know I am not the only one affected by the weight issue. I mean motorhome weight not my own:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Thanks

Sonja

OP
OP
R

Risky R

Free Member
Nov 19, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
Delica
Exp
It seems to me that the key words in the report were "will hit the industry hard".

I wondered how long it would be before personal insults started - speaks for itself.

If you look at my first post on this thread (#13) you will see that I took part in the debate as long as 4 years ago regarding the retrospective effect on motorhome owners.

Of course it will affect hauliers in Cumbria, if they want to go into London. It affects all in that category. It affected the re-eanctment group I mentioned previously and they took the necessary action to become compliant (and only had 1 year notice, not the 5 years notice which those affected from next year have had).

Collection of fines obviously needs looking at but that is a different matter from the compliance argument.

I have actually looked to see how many people actually turned up in total on 26th October and can't find any report except the photo on the organiser's page, which shows a mere 13 people. Also, looking at the RHA's own web site there appears to be little campaigning, other than from the Recovery group, against the LEZ.

Thus it seems that the vast majority of hauliers have accepted that there are valid arguments for the LEZ, that it is here to stay and, as a result, have taken the necessary action to become compliant. Just further indication that there is no justification for the recovery industry to be made a special case.

Personal insults, I won't bother with that sir. I'll leave that upto you to slag off any efforts that others with balls may get upto...did you make the 26th?

Seems that you looked at the Motorhomes interests 4 years ago, well done..did you care enough about anyone else or just yourself?

A mere 13 people indeed, great huh...where was you? I was there to hand in a letter with my industry associations. Simon had the balls to do something, unlike many others, and I stayed as long as I could to support him. I had been out at 6.00am to recover a van but still managed to make the effort after doing all I needed to do from my side of things. 13 people, read about the effect on schools and charities...where was they? Bad show...not Simons fault.

RHA website....you have no idea what's going on behind the scenes....keep clutching at straws.

Dear oh dear, what a waster...

OP
OP
R

Risky R

Free Member
Nov 19, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
Delica
Exp
Yes please as I know I am not the only one affected by the weight issue. I mean motorhome weight not my own:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Thanks

Sonja

Ok...slimfast!! He is pretty sympathetic and he is sat in the right department at the top. He's talking openly now and understands the issues well.
Your's should be a case of if you are only just inside and heading out...no problem. I'll try and get it in writing.:thumb:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
my veiws are my own and not those of other members or the management, I have as much right to spout them as you do, you don't have to like them, however I did assume you would respect my right to have a view, yes I have had a bad day and maybe had a go more than I should have, but at no time did I get personal and abuse you. Nuf said.
Carry on campaigning, you never paid your subs to me anyway:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
R

Risky R

Free Member
Nov 19, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
Delica
Exp
my veiws are my own and not those of other members or the management, I have as much right to spout them as you do, you don't have to like them, however I did assume you would respect my right to have a view, yes I have had a bad day and maybe had a go more than I should have, but at no time did I get personal and abuse you. Nuf said.
Carry on campaigning, you never paid your subs to me anyway:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
No worries fella, we all get touchy after a bad/long day.

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
The LEZ affects us as we live in London. We are also close to a number of the LEZ ANPR readers.

Our motorhome is an old 1990 and we dont have 3.5K to spend on it and to be quite honest, even if we had the money, a vehicle that old is not worthing spending so much money on.

I personally feel the LEZ is unfair and just another way of getting money out of those who cant afford it.

Our motorhome passed the emissions test and was well within limits for the MOT yet from January if we get caught on camera we will be fined.

No offence meant but my personal opinion is that the two protests I know about were ill planned.

There was a protest in August and another on 26 October. Both were scheduled during school holidays when the vast amount of families affected by this are away enjoying quality time away from London with their families and many holidays are booked up well in advance of the notice that was received for the protests.

I have written to the heirachy involved and requested that those motorhomers living within and bordering on the LEZ are given an exemption to which the answer was a flat NO.

I have also asked if there is anywhere to get help to fund making our vehicle LEZ compliant and again the answer was NO.

Families on low incomes within the LEZ will lose out on quality of life and holidays if they have to get rid of their motorhomes, not all businesses have the money to convert whatever vehicle or vehicles he/she/they own.

The fact and the reality is, that it doesnt matter what any of us do, the LEZ is here to stay and there are already talks on it being expanded to other cities within the UK.

Now the LEZ is supposedly being brought in to reduce pollution etc. yet Boris Johnson wants a new airport built - what kind of pollution will that bring.

Its all cock-eyed but then thats nothing unusual for the UK

Sooner we completely pull out of the EU the better as far as I am concerned.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
And your point?

Personal insults, I won't bother with that sir. I'll leave that upto you to slag off any efforts that others with balls may get upto...did you make the 26th?

Seems that you looked at the Motorhomes interests 4 years ago, well done..did you care enough about anyone else or just yourself?

A mere 13 people indeed, great huh...where was you? I was there to hand in a letter with my industry associations. Simon had the balls to do something, unlike many others, and I stayed as long as I could to support him. I had been out at 6.00am to recover a van but still managed to make the effort after doing all I needed to do from my side of things. 13 people, read about the effect on schools and charities...where was they? Bad show...not Simons fault.

RHA website....you have no idea what's going on behind the scenes....keep clutching at straws.

Be warned.....admin (JIM) does not take lightly to personal insults and derogatory remarks towards other members.

a post or thread may be pulled apart or ridiculed, but not a member.

read the forum rules before you get in any deeper

General Forum Etiquette

When posting in the forums please adhere to the following common sense rules:- No personal attacks of any kind against other members of the forums.

No Racist, Sexist posts allowed in the forums. No offensive, insulting, profane or vulgar remarks are allowed. telling others to "get a life" or that they or their comments are "stupid" are strictly not allowed. Insulting anyone even if your intention is not to offend, may well result in a ban. Should you be banned you aggree that there are no refund of the joining fee (£12) There are plenty of forums that allow you to be discourteous to each other, this is NOT one of them.

No Abusive or threatening or provoking posts towards the Administrator or Moderators and other staff on the site. Flame war threads, and other posts that are deemed to be descending into these by the forums staff will be locked or moved at moderators / staff discretion. Do not impersonate other Members. REPORT POSTS OF PRIVATE MESSAGES THAT YOU THINK BREAK THESE RULES TO AN ADMINISTRATOR

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I hate to say it but the LEZ did me a favour.:Eeek:

I contacted the Abbey Wood site in London last year about storage and went on the waiting list. I was told it would be about 5 years.

Got a call in June that someone had to move because of the LEZ and I had a space.

Feel sorry for the guy who moved out as it is unfair.

Surely the congestion charge is enough deterrent ?

OP
OP
R

Risky R

Free Member
Nov 19, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
Delica
Exp
You're not alone and this hits those on lowest incomes hardest. Many people don't drive old vehicles out of choice but because that is all they can afford.
The link below gives a small insight as to what the human cost of this is.

As for your comment regarding the protests. I suported the guy because he put in a lot of effort. Despite plenty saying they will turn up it's the usual story...cannot be bothered. This will be sorted around the table and behind closed doors rather than standing in the streets or driving...but if it makes people feel a bit better then that is fine in my book.

Broken Link Removed

OP
OP
R

Risky R

Free Member
Nov 19, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
Delica
Exp
Be warned.....admin (JIM) does not take lightly to personal insults and derogatory remarks towards other members.

a post or thread may be pulled apart or ridiculed, but not a member.

read the forum rules before you get in any deeper

Fairplay, apologies and points taken on board!

Mavis

Funster
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2007
Seasalter kent
Funster No
MH
Clubman
Exp
Ok...slimfast!! He is pretty sympathetic and he is sat in the right department at the top. He's talking openly now and understands the issues well.
Your's should be a case of if you are only just inside and heading out...no problem. I'll try and get it in writing.:thumb:
There are many members of the MCC who have this problem where they are looking at the LEZ signs at the end of their road but cant move their M/Home some have paid out for the conversion.
One man has the Zone right on his drive one half is parked in the Zone one out of it he has had a conversion now.
2 MCC members have bought petrol M/homes anther I has bought a caravan.

mikev

Free Member
Oct 18, 2008
Funster No
low emission zone

RISKYR - anything you can do to help the situation of us motorhome owners stuck just within the zone would be appreciated.

I have written to just about everybody who counts from Boris to my MP.

I note you are getting a lot of stick from people who are not directly affected.

Regards

mikeV

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I live on Tees-side (as stated in my profile - see left), hardly likely to make it to a protest not publicised so far north.

Similarly to Ourcampersbeentrashed I wrote, several times, to TfL, Ken & Boris requesting that existing owners of non-compliant motorhomes living within the LEZ be given an exemption.

Given that I live on Tees-side, not London, and that our van is compliant I think that counts as caring about others, not self-interest doesn't it?

The figure of 13 is the number in the photo, as stated. I did ask how many had turned up and note that you haven't actually said how many.
Where was I? On Tees-side, completely unaware of the protest.

True, I have no idea of the full extent of what is going on behind the scenes - I can only rely on what I can find by Googling and the RHA site does not seem to provide much support to the protest. Of course, I could ask how many people actually turned up on 26 October to show the true extent of support but I don't know if I should receive an answer :Smile:

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion - just as I am to mine :Smile:

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Well

I was there - it's my photo you've seen, and I reckon that there were about 30 people there before I had to leave after 4 hours. I believe I met you there Risky R... - Phil?

Although I visit often, I don't live in London either, but 60 miles away in Oxford, where we already have a partial LEZ relating to buses and large lorries in the city centre. I only heard about the LEZ in the summer, despite living so close to London, and think it should have been publicised wider than it has been. There are several campsites within the M25 and non-compliant motorhomers could easily stray unaware into the LEZ and cop a large fine.

Although I read newspapers and magazines I haven't seen anything about it and I believe that LEZs will spread to other places in the Uk before long. I am also concerned that those who upgrade to a newer van will find the goal posts have been moved again in a few years' time. Unfortunately I now think that protests in this instance are too little too late, and that in spite of Simon's, Phil's, Mavis's and everyone else's noble efforts we are now b*****ed.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Let's face it Green is God with the last 2 governments.

Every mayor city will follow unfortunately.

OP
OP
R

Risky R

Free Member
Nov 19, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
Delica
Exp
I was there - it's my photo you've seen, and I reckon that there were about 30 people there before I had to leave after 4 hours. I believe I met you there Risky R... - Phil?

Although I visit often, I don't live in London either, but 60 miles away in Oxford, where we already have a partial LEZ relating to buses and large lorries in the city centre. I only heard about the LEZ in the summer, despite living so close to London, and think it should have been publicised wider than it has been. There are several campsites within the M25 and non-compliant motorhomers could easily stray unaware into the LEZ and cop a large fine.

Although I read newspapers and magazines I haven't seen anything about it and I believe that LEZs will spread to other places in the Uk before long. I am also concerned that those who upgrade to a newer van will find the goal posts have been moved again in a few years' time. Unfortunately I now think that protests in this instance are too little too late, and that in spite of Simon's, Phil's, Mavis's and everyone else's noble efforts we are now b*****ed.

We was there before the protest was supposed to start to deliver letters to Boris. RHA, IVR, LARO, AVRO and the RRRA representing Britains recovery industry. I stayed and it was lovely to meet you people, I hope you thought I was sincere in what I am doing despite what some may think otherwise. Not only have I lost a truck initially, I am about to lose my van. I have many friends from all trades and personally know lots that are in dire straights as each day goes by. It's wrong and I am trying to do my bit for as many as possible..what I achieve for recovery will knock on to many others for various reasons.

If you are not directly affected then many have little to no idea what it is about. Despite the best intentions to clean up air pollution it has in many cases made it worse. The concerns are readily available to read in many reports but they involve a bit of "digging" to find...interesting reading and confirms figures such as a minimal improvement of 0.3%, hardly earth shattering cost over benefits.
The newspapers are doing bits here and there. Recently there was an article regarding the Ice Cream vans and the loss of so many in that industry. Expensive and often unique builds. Only working a limited amount of the year and idling for hours on end. One guy had a filter fitted and it lasted just 3 days before it was beyond regeneration....expensive at that rate!
Even if TFL only address the smaller issues that in themselves make peoples lives difficult then that would be a start, but the bigger picture is very serious and in the present financial climate...any climate, the effectiveness of this scheme is riddled with problems.
Never give up, it is a hard slog but the longer this goes on the more problems TFL are discovering...or should that be worded, bitten on the ass.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back