Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Thanks Don, many RV drivers need to plan for those low Bridges, at worst you can write off your motorhome and the best you can hope for is a long reverse!

We got stuck in a Spanish village this year, not so much a Bridge but a Height Barrier strung across the road to protect the village electrics cables that they string across the road at bedroom window height! We are 13 feet high and the barrier was 6'.6" high, we had to reverse about half a mile in the dark with inches to spare either side, and after pushing the trailer half a mile! :Blush: Planning is the key, so guides are good, a little planning goes a long way.

7Ps - Prior Preperation & Plannining Prevents Piss Poor Performance::bigsmile:

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I use that site for loe bridge POIs. Works well with the Nuvi and saved me a bit of damage on a couple of occasions

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I have had the software for some 6 months now and find it of value there are bridges as low as 7ft so does not apply just for RV's or HGV's.
7 ft :Eeek:You can't count the Dunlop Bridge over silverstone race track you know, you should'nt even be on there with your Motorhome:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Geo

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
When I started motorhoming I bought a truckers atlas with low bridges marked on it, so Jean could shout at me if she saw one coming up. :shout: :thumb:

I would think having the low bridges on sat. nav. is very useful....still wont stop Jean shouting at me though. :shout::shout::shout:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
I've got the truckers atlas as well great map book never leaves the RV it's the only one I use. Plan my route normally with autoroute but always check the truckers atlas before leaving.

Aug 16, 2007
Funster No
Just drive

Sorry folks but I just get in my truck and drive!!
One day I have a 13 ft trailer and the next a 16 ft trailer.
I just look at the road and be aware of bridges and trees:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back