Lovely sunny day in Strathclyde Park (1 Viewer)

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Staying at the CC site at Strathclyde park and have to say what a massive improvement from a couple of years ago.
Really sunny here so sitting outside the van having a cuppa before going for a walk round the Loch.

Jan 22, 2014
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I preferred it wen it was council owned. But in a good area for the highlands or if your going south bound. Blairdrummond site is a nice site too

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We stayed on it a couple of times when council owned, it's massively improved now.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Staying at the CC site at Strathclyde park and have to say what a massive improvement from a couple of years ago.
Really sunny here so sitting outside the van having a cuppa before going for a walk round the Loch.

Always fancied it as a stop over on the way to see my mum in Kirrie. Never have as I wondered if the road noise was intrusive, what's your take lorger?

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Always fancied it as a stop over on the way to see my mum in Kirrie. Never have as I wondered if the road noise was intrusive, what's your take lorger?
Bertie I'm a fussy bugger when it comes to noise as I'm a light sleeper, I normally use earplugs but forgot them this weekend. When we arrived last night about 17:30 I said to Lorraine about the road noise, but to be honest it was busy then and about half an hour later I'd forgot about it. We picked a pitch as far away from the road as possible and inside the van you can't hear a thing, we are currently sitting outside and hardly notice the noise. As for last night it wasn't an issue I woke at 6:30 this morning and went a run along the clyde and felt nice and refreshed so must have slept well.
Today has been truly stunning weather wise, we have walked into Hamilton for an Ice cream and then all the way round the Loch. We are now sitting having a cold Irn Bru outside, it's that warm I'm thinking of putting the awning out to protect my Scottish peely wally skin.

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Bertie I'm a fussy bugger when it comes to noise as I'm a light sleeper, I normally use earplugs but forgot them this weekend. When we arrived last night about 17:30 I said to Lorraine about the road noise, but to be honest it was busy then and about half an hour later I'd forgot about it. We picked a pitch as far away from the road as possible and inside the van you can't hear a thing, we are currently sitting outside and hardly notice the noise. As for last night it wasn't an issue I woke at 6:30 this morning and went a run along the clyde and felt nice and refreshed so must have slept well.
Today has been truly stunning weather wise, we have walked into Hamilton for an Ice cream and then all the way round the Loch. We are now sitting having a cold Irn Bru outside, it's that warm I'm thinking of putting the awning out to protect my Scottish peely wally skin.

Thanks for that so the next time I'm on my way to Kirrie it's a night there. Irn Bru..............Mmmmm and tablet made with condensed milk..........can't wait!(y)

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
I preferred it wen it was council owned. But in a good area for the highlands or if your going south bound. Blairdrummond site is a nice site too

Fs2, I said the same about Stonehaven but the CC has made a good go of that one too, though the council one was much more relaxed and the staff were lovely ladies. (not saying the current 'wardens' are not mind!);)

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Jusfor your info, there's a Toby Carvery across the road and several restaurants at M&Ds theme park.

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Jusfor your info, there's a Toby Carvery across the road and several restaurants at M&Ds theme park.

Handy to know and many thanks again.

Jan 22, 2014
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Fs2, I said the same about Stonehaven but the CC has made a good go of that one too, though the council one was much more relaxed and the staff were lovely ladies. (not saying the current 'wardens' are not mind!);)
Is that truck stop still there up by Stonehaven

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back