Lovely Cabo de Gata (1 Viewer)

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
_DSC4651.JPG
The Cabo de Gata national park is beautiful, this year. The wet winter has given way to a flower-filled spring. Last year, when we were here, the landscape was brown.
We love Los Escullos.

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
Left Camping Cabo de Gata on Monday after a week there and agree 100% - the desert certainly is in bloom a month early this year :)

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Hi @bellabee have you unblocked those holes yet? Nice meeting you at El Rocio, we are now in Castro Verde.
Safe travels.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
bellabee
May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Hi @bellabee have you unblocked those holes yet? Nice meeting you at El Rocio, we are now in Castro Verde.
Safe travels.
Lovely to meet you and Mrs Speve, too. Hope you're having a good time.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Lovely to meet you and Mrs Speve, too. Hope you're having a good time.
Thanks @bellabee yes we're having great time although rained all day today hope it's better down there? We are beginning our journey back north next week in readiness for our Scandinavian trip in April.
Safe travels to the three of you?(y)(y)(y)

Deleted User
Yeah, parked at Playa de Los Genoveses and walked to Monsul and backView attachment 150887 .
We love the place and have stopped at Los Escullos for extended periods in the past but as i can't walk very far these days we have not been back this year.

Have they completed the renovations at Los Escullos yet, the last time we were there the top half of the site was closed, apparently installing leccy meters!

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
We love the place and have stopped at Los Escullos for extended periods in the past but as i can't walk very far these days we have not been back this year.

Have they completed the renovations at Los Escullos yet, the last time we were there the top half of the site was closed, apparently installing leccy meters!
Not sure, have not stopped there but cycle past often, will have a look soon, only been in the Cabo 2 nights so far.

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning

We were there in January and all the work was finished - great site.

OP
OP
bellabee
May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
The pitc

The pitch renovation has been completed, and the pitches are lovely. They are now in the process of rebuilding the swimming pool. They also seem to be trying to do some repairs to the shower blocks, but in our view, it's the plumbing that lets the site down. Nevertheless, we love the site.

Deleted User
The pitc

The pitch renovation has been completed, and the pitches are lovely. They are now in the process of rebuilding the swimming pool. They also seem to be trying to do some repairs to the shower blocks, but in our view, it's the plumbing that lets the site down. Nevertheless, we love the site.

I quite agree with you about the plumbing, a few years ago they ripped out perfectly good sinks and doors, re tiled the place except the showers but left the old rubbish shower heads etc and boilers in.

Still red hot one minute and cold the next then?:)

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Got me puzzling over this one, guess from the back road from Pozo de Los Frailes towards Los Escullos but there looks to be too many white buildings in view!
You had me confused there too. It's taken from the dirt road past El Pozo that leads to San José, the white buildings are El Pozo de los Frailes. Huge cement mixer behind the camp site the other day but managed to squeeze past.

Deleted User
You had me confused there too. It's taken from the dirt road past El Pozo that leads to San José, the white buildings are El Pozo de los Frailes. Huge cement mixer behind the camp site the other day but managed to squeeze past.

Yes, got it now, it confused me with the Fraile hill on the right and I assumed it was looking downhill but obviously not.

That's a lovely walk and the prospect of a few beers in San Jose at the end ( or middle!), occasionally we did the circular walk back along the coastal track.

Another excellent walk with the prospect of a few beers and tapas at the end is from Prescillas Bajas over the hill to Albaricoques and the Alba, bit of a trudge back though, for me at any rate.

Have you been stopping on the new aire? all this has made us put Los Escullos on next years itinerary:)

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Yes, got it now, it confused me with the Fraile hill on the right and I assumed it was looking downhill but obviously not.

That's a lovely walk and the prospect of a few beers in San Jose at the end ( or middle!), occasionally we did the circular walk back along the coastal track.

Another excellent walk with the prospect of a few beers and tapas at the end is from Prescillas Bajas over the hill to Albaricoques and the Alba, bit of a trudge back though, for me at any rate.

Have you been stopping on the new aire? all this has made us put Los Escullos on next years itinerary:)
Mostly wilding, but yes have stayed at Aire, will prob pop in tomorrow do our ablutions.

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
OH and @matamoros I have cycled up to Prescillas Bajas and further, but mad dogs made us have a rapid retreat. ;)

Deleted User
Hard work on a bike up the rambla past Prescillas, a lot of soft sand, no mad dogs when we went up apart from a few dogs near the farm right at the top, did you get that far?

Past Prescillas the rambla splits, to the right it goes into the Caldera, to the left it leads to the farm, which is the high point and then all downhill into Albaricoques.

OP
OP
bellabee
May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
I quite agree with you about the plumbing, a few years ago they ripped out perfectly good sinks and doors, re tiled the place except the showers but left the old rubbish shower heads etc and boilers in.

Still red hot one minute and cold the next then?:)

There's a lot of banging going on in the showers, at present. I think there must be air trapped in the water pipes (or something). Every so often, there is a very loud noise, like elephants trumpeting o_O. It keeps happening throughout the night. We've been childishly peeing ourselves laughing about it, :D2 (but I think some others are less amused) :sick:.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back