Free Member
May 1, 2015
Normandy, France
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
30yrs +
We're heading that way at the end of February, intend taking the same ferry. How was the journey down ? Will keep an eye on here to see how the trip goes (y)

Pretty smooth trip on the ferry, especially since there were so few people. The Palermo traghetto generally leaves at 2300hrs which means you have to find your way around Genoa in the dark, and the port itself seems to be under some major works - but if you stay cool, you'll not have too much trouble getting there. I suggest you bring a picnic hamper - I'm glad I did as the food looked pretty dire and overpriced. It is not a luxurious ship but perfectly serviceable. I'm very glad I paid for a sea view cabin (pet's allowed version) as that's where I spent most of my time -huge bay-type window. The reclining seat passengers looked pretty miserable.
I was worried that it would be quite rough as the waves were crashing into the shore and it was quite windy, however, it was generally very smooth. It's a BIG ferry. Of course I had an unusual arrival in Palermo but it was easy to find my way out of town once my wheel was sorted. Just gird your loins for the Palermo traffic which even at midnight, was heart-stoppingly terrifying. Any other questions, just ask!
Jacquie

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Very glad you have arrived, are you now having to share the inside of the MH with a spare, albeit a useless one?

A slightly off the wall suggestion, if this is the case, would be to have the wrecked tyre taken off and just carry the bare wheel. It will be much easier to handle and in the hopefully unlikely event you get another puncture then just flutter your eyelashes and some hunky Italian will come and help. :)

Or get the spare wheel carrier fixed! :):)

OP
OP
YukonJac

YukonJac

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Normandy, France
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
30yrs +
Thanks J - that is a pretty good idea - yes, the bunk wheel had been jammed between the passenger seat and the dash! I'm away for a year though, so I reckon I'd better get a new tyre and somehow, get the spare holder repaired. As much as I realise that my very puny feminine charms can attract up to SIX Italian men to come sprinting to my aid, I certainly don't want to be stranded in the wrong place with no one around and no phone reception. I think jockaneezer has inspired me to find room for a hydraulic jack and the proper wrenches.
BTW, have we got news of a new pup for you yet, or are you still looking??

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back