Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8090DF A Class
Exp
Since 2002
I am visiting my mum in Belfast and surprised at the number of motorhome out and about and stopping around the coast . Lots of places to stop and park up in lots of towns and the spaces are being well used . Must admit the weather has been good
Nelly

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
the weather has been good
Fetches us all out of the woodwork Nelly, isn't it great to have the weather to really enjoy our countryside this late in the year!
Please say hello to your Mum from me

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
So sorry if I caused you any upset.. Its just that we don't have anywhere like that here due to folk being terrified of inviting travellers to set up camp.. That was my meaning..
Enjoy the weather and your stay.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Not sure what this post means I am sure you have reasons for your comments other than just being rude
Nelly
We have a lot of Irish travellers over here at the moment causing quite a lot of trouble and upset.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
We have a lot of Irish travellers over here at the moment causing quite a lot of trouble and upset.
And some of them are fake Irish with poor imitation accents.

Being part Romany (well according to family lore) I have no problem with people who have a life style different to my own.

I DO have a problem with people who do not play by the rules and leave mess and upset behind them. There is a warning in our local paper about "workmen" who are defrauding vulnerable people. The "workmen" are said to live in caravans or motorhomes and have Irish accents (or at least false Irish accents). No matter where they come from they are not welcome and I would gladly help to move them on (within the law of course).

OP
OP
nelly

nelly

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8090DF A Class
Exp
Since 2002
Sorry still do not understand how this was turned into a tread about travellers in England because I said lots of motorhomes enjoying the coast around Northern Ireland . I live in Hertfordshire and know very well the trouble caused by travellers but still think it is worse than rude to answer a post about motorhome use on a motorhome forum with these comments just because my mother lives in norther Ireland which is still part of the uk the last time I looked . These comments would not have been made if my mother lived in Wales or Scotland .
Nelly

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
There are a lot of motorhomes travelling around in Scotland as well. I'm sure the weather has a lot to do with it. Most years it is cold and miserable by now.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back