LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Having just changed vans and about to add some extras, I have found some dealers dont stack up to what they claim...

So two of you have lost a lucrative contract.

Ah well better luck next time....

The sooner they realise that the customer is King, the better off we will all be...

ShiftZZ

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I'm amazed at how many dealers don't even answer the phone! And often when they do its a young girl that takes a number because "eez bizzy wiv a custuma' with a promise of a call back that just does not come.

Maybe its just me:Blush:::bigsmile:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
The one that amazes me is the small to mid sized firms that spend time money and effort on a web site, and then ignore emails !

Absolutely nuts................

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Wosrse than that Jim.....

I would like to buy XXXXXXXXXXXXXX and XXXXXXXXXXXXX, how much?

Dealer ££££££££££££££££

ShiftZZ You are having a laugh,

Dealer, How much have you been quoted?

ShiftZZ £££££££££££

Dealer,, We can match it,,,,

ShiftZZ Bye.
:thumbdown:

Or

80 W Solar panel...

Dealer 'Our 80W solar panel has a better output than the XXXXXXx 80W solar panel'

ShiftZZ, yes buts twice the price!

Dealer - Yes but you get more watts!!

:thumbdown:

Or,,

Can I get back to you, I am with a customer....

Yes, two days later, bye :thumbdown:

Or

Send an e-mail, 10 days later nothing.... Bye...:thumbdown:

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Look Shifty They make thousands of pounds in profit on a M/H so they not bothered about farting little jobs that only make fifty quid:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:I`ll stand the incoming flack I`ve got me hat on

OP
OP
ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
My shopping list was:

Solar panels x 2
Extra battery
Reversing Camera
12v TV
Gaslow
Few more bits and bobs

Ah well, I got a good deal from someone who was highly recommended and I have met and trust...

ShiftZZ

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Well there you go then, it is far better have some one recommend than an unknown quantity, you see if they do you a bad job you tell the bloke who recommended them in the first place and then you keep on tellin em every time you meet up:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
My shopping list was:

Solar panels x 2
Extra battery
Reversing Camera
12v TV
Gaslow
Few more bits and bobs

Ah well, I got a good deal from someone who was highly recommended and I have met and trust...

ShiftZZ

May I quote you sir ?
be happy to supply and fit, no problem at all

philk

Free Member
Jul 21, 2011
Lancs
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
John cross

Peter, how you going with Pilote, just bought explorateur from smc after three new hymer in a row and am really happy
Philk

Squire

Free Member
Dec 30, 2010
Funster No
Peter, how you going with Pilote, just bought explorateur from smc after three new hymer in a row and am really happy
Philk

Peter will be delighted to know that and now he'll be 'really happy' too .... :ROFLMAO:

philk

Free Member
Jul 21, 2011
Lancs
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
cool squire

BUT, Peter wasnt Pilote franchised when i bought, is 300 miles from me and did not attend the Cheshire show.......
I spend my life trying to sell to people so understand, my message was genuine not a piss take.

Phil k

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
So what you are saying then Shiftzz, Is it because they cannot be bothered to serve you, or does your reputation have anything to do with their being so unwilling to sell you anything in case some fails and they have you living on their driveway until you get the desired results at a later date???:ROFLMAO:

You should have given me a call - I would have sorted you out with some of your list!:thumb:

OP
OP
ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Nothing to do with that..

I asked a number for quotes, they went form the sublime to the insane. I decided that the best way forward was to ask a good friend and Nutter, he said that the person he used was XXXXXXXXXX and that that individual was honest, trustworthy, reasonable and fairly local to me. This person I trust and the supplier is known to me having met him two or three times.

I dont mind paying (unless its Johns Cross - 25% :RollEyes:) the issue is having trust between me and the supplier, and that the price and what he recommends is what we require and there is always a backup/support.

I would have gone to Johns Cross, Peter I trust, the only issue is the distance, from here to JCMH is a round trip of 330 miles. Otherwise they may have been in contention. They cant do Gaslow at shows, so its unfair to compare.

So there you have it..

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I think Peter should sell one of his Chateaus or a couple of his boats and get himself a yard in the centre of the country. :thumb:

I would have gone to Johns Cross, Peter I trust, the only issue is the distance, from here to JCMH is a round trip of 330 miles. Otherwise they may have been in contention. They cant do Gaslow at shows, so its unfair to compare.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Philk

We will be on the Pilote and AutoTrail stands at the NEC, Lawrence on Pilote and Mark on AutoTrails.

Nice to see you have a Pilote Phil.:thumb:

Peter

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I think Peter should sell one of his Chateaus or a couple of his boats and get himself a yard in the centre of the country. :thumb:

Strangely enough Jim, had a broker wanting to sell my boat onto a customer of his in of all places Wales ! Told him no as it was my floating caravan and place of refuge!

As to a yard in the centre of UK, no thanks, too old now and can't be bothered any more, got quite enough to keep my busy down south.

Small is manageable and no grief, big is hassle and BIG GRIEF as has been proved so many times in the past by others.

Peter

Peter

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
I spent a few quid at lLincoln, but i returned home with much more, due to lazy ignorant staff on stands. Whether it is a local garage, a shop, supplier, or stand at a show, I require the very basics in common courtesy before i proceed with a transaction.....it starts with eye contact!
If the person does not make eye contact, carries on talking to someone, is speaking on the phone, and does not stop immediatly to engage with me....I walk out.
On one occasion in a very busy garage, the debit card reader was faulty, the assistant had been on the phone for a while, and was making hand gestures to me to try to get the thing to work, all while still speaking on the phone. I gestured to him to look at the face of the reader, and as he leant over, i removed the phone from his hand, turned it off, and then told him to sort the problem.
It was in fact, his screen not linking to the reader, which was sorted in a nano second....I left the till to a round of apllause from the large line of people who had also been held up.
Slovenly , ignorant "customer service assistants" watch out.......Victor Medrew aint really dead:thumb:

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
Strangely enough Jim, had a broker wanting to sell my boat onto a customer of his in of all places Wales ! Told him no as it was my floating caravan and place of refuge!

As to a yard in the centre of UK, no thanks, too old now and can't be bothered any more, got quite enough to keep my busy down south.

Small is manageable and no grief, big is hassle and BIG GRIEF as has been proved so many times in the past by others.

Peter

Peter

HI peter....glad you will be Autotrail dealers
Look forward to using you........for various things :)

barry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back