Lost Keys (1 Viewer)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Must be old age..Could not find keys for toilet cassette door, water tank cap and safe yesterday.Could not find my spare set either which I never use.Four hours yesterday searching van and it's only small. Another three hours today..Found them in the end in a small bag with some screws...Phew..Guess where my spares were,,I am really loosing it?? Locked in the safe which I could not access until I found the set I use...stupid stupid.Better half has now taken charge of all spare keys..Need a beer or two now..BUSBY😂😂

SD j

Free Member
May 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin supreme
Exp
Since 2000
Witnessed at least twice on camp sites ,
Family awakes on last day , procédés to start emptying tent/caravan into car , spends at least an hour filling car with contents of tent /caravan.
Finally they are ready to leave , can’t find car keys, proceeds to empty car and search through contents .
Husband blames wife kids etc wife blames husband kids etc pandemonium ensues .
It’s painful to witness but entertaining at the the same time.
Eventually husband finds keys on car roof .

Mar 31, 2014
Stratford-upon-Avon, UK
Funster No
MH
BUCCANEER CARAVEL
Exp
SINCE 1975
Parked up in a car park on sea front and went for lunch and a long walk!Got back and went to get my keys☹️.No sign of them! A couple who were sat on the sea wall came over and asked if we had lost some keys😊I had dropped the earlier.We were about 150 miles from home and the spare keys!so would have been in real trouble.Decided then and there to hide the spare keys somewhere accessible to ME! On the van in case of emergency but impossible/difficult for anyone else to find!I retrieve them about once every year and swap for the other set .It gives me peace of mind especially when hundreds of miles away!Why can’t motorhome have just one key?Mine has 5 main door/ignition side door,rear locker,water inlet,toilet compartment,and side locker!can’t count😊that’s 6!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 14, 2019
Sutton Coldfield but East Yorkshire man at heart
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest155
Exp
Since 2018
Parked up in a car park on sea front and went for lunch and a long walk!Got back and went to get my keys☹️.No sign of them! A couple who were sat on the sea wall came over and asked if we had lost some keys😊I had dropped the earlier.We were about 150 miles from home and the spare keys!so would have been in real trouble.Decided then and there to hide the spare keys somewhere accessible to ME! On the van in case of emergency but impossible/difficult for anyone else to find!I retrieve them about once every year and swap for the other set .It gives me peace of mind especially when hundreds of miles away!Why can’t motorhome have just one key?Mine has 5 main door/ignition side door,rear locker,water inlet,toilet compartment,and side locker!can’t count😊that’s 6!
2 keys, one for the ignition/passenger/drivers doors and fuel cap, all the rest on the other. Two sets, the better half has them.

OP
OP
B
Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Got me thinking, where’s the best place to keep your spare keys.....?
cant come up with an answer to behonest
Behind fridge vent,,two pence piece is all you need to remove it. BUSBY.

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Once lost my keys in France, after returning from the shower block. Went back couldn’t find them. Panic panic. Spent ages searching only to find them in the safe lock. I’d put my iPad in there for safe keeping while in the shower but obviously forgot to remove them from the safe door.
Come On Reaction GIF by GIPHY News

OP
OP
B
Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
I am sure I read somewhere insurance is invalid if keys are left in or on vehicle if it’s stolen.
I am happy to be advised otherwise.
How would they know ? BUSBY.

Reactions: DJT

DJT

Jun 20, 2019
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Now Sold
Exp
SIMPLE !! THEY ASK YOU TO PRODUCE THEM—ONE OR BOTH SETS!! IF YOU CANNOT THEY WILL WANT AVERY GOOD REASON AS TO WHY!!
How would they know ? BUSBY.
You beat me to it Clickem👍👍

OP
OP
B
Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
SIMPLE !! THEY ASK YOU TO PRODUCE THEM—ONE OR BOTH SETS!! IF YOU CANNOT THEY WILL WANT AVERY GOOD REASON AS TO WHY!!

If it was stolen you would be able to show them one set although they could have stolen it using your hidden set. BUSBY.

OP
OP
B
Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
By asking you to produce the two sets of keys that you claim to have 🤭
Not everyone

has two sets of keys.BUSBY.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Always losing keys. One of these (not this actual model, but very similar) was literally the best purchase of anything I have every made in my entire life.

Amazon product ASIN B0797R9JLL
You've given me an idea ... one on each set of car keys (2), one on each set of camper keys (2), one on front door key ... one on hubby! :LOL:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
When I worked breakdown recovery I got a call out to a lost key situation at Goathland near Whitby.
Got there and the owners were waiting so started chatting explaining what I was going to do when I spotted a bunch of keys on the drivers wiper blade.
The drive obviously dropped them after locking the car and some good samaritan had found them.
Saved me a difficult job getting it out of the bay in a crowded carpark.

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
Behind fridge vent,,two pence piece is all you need to remove it. BUSBY.
That's the third time I've seen the fridge vent mentioned as a hiding place in 24 hours, maybe not so safe anymore 🙄

DJT

Jun 20, 2019
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Now Sold
Exp
BUSBY.If they were HIDDEN in the van and you declared it then imo you won’t be getting paid full stop.

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Got me thinking, where’s the best place to keep your spare keys.....?
cant come up with an answer to behonest

why not dangle them from a tie wrap inside the toilet cassette, no one would want them during the day and they'd get washed every morning (maybe) :ROFLMAO:

I personally have a better place but don't wish to say where it is ;)

Clickem

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years
Not everyone

has two sets of keys.BUSBY.

I do not have two sets of keys, I have three. When away, I have one in my pocket, one locked in the van and one at home. Anyone who only has one set of keys and travels far from home with just one set is asking for trouble 👌

Reactions: DJT
OP
OP
B
Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
I do not have two sets of keys, I have three. When away, I have one in my pocket, one locked in the van and one at home. Anyone who only has one set of keys and travels far from home with just one set is asking for trouble 👌
True but people do.Was on a site in Cabo de Gata some years ago and a caravaner on there lost his car keys ..Garage had to take his car into the garage remove his Central locking and fit new door lock barrels and steering lock..Expensive. BUSBY.

OP
OP
B
Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
BUSBY.If they were HIDDEN in the van and you declared it then imo you won’t be getting paid full stop.
You would be an idiot to consider declaring it..BUSBY

OP
OP
B
Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp