LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
This is Funsters Jen and Tracey's dog Andy. He is very old and frail and needs to be found asap. If anyone is in the area (Keswick) please keep an eye out for him. I believe they were staying near Isthmus cottage, Keswick.

http://www.doglost.co.uk/poster.php?dogId=119260#.WaUcCaRwbxC

FB_IMG_1503993187298.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
What area?

...and hope He's found soon of course

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
:eek:Oh no, only good thing, at his age he can't have gone far, good luck guys

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Sad, but from the description given it can't have gone far, though I guess it could have been stolen. No mention of microchip or collar dog tag with phone number?

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Sad, but from the description given it can't have gone far, though I guess it could have been stolen. No mention of microchip or collar dog tag with phone number?
He is doing a good job of it so far, despite his age, he went missing on Saturday. I don't know about a microchip or tag as it's not my dog. I know that Jen and Tracey are running themselves ragged trying to find him. It is hoped that once everything opens up again after the bank holiday, they will have better luck.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
He is doing a good job of it so far, despite his age, he went missing on Saturday. I don't know about a microchip or tag as it's not my dog. I know that Jen and Tracey are running themselves ragged trying to find him. It is hoped that once everything opens up again after the bank holiday, they will have better luck.
I do hope it turns out well in the end but I suspect the poor animal has passed away under a bush or something. If he's been locked in someone's garage by mistake the outcome will be the same I fear.
But I really hope I'm wrong. Sorry for the morbid tone and not knowing will be terrible for the owners. :(

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I really hope they find him. Nothing worse than losing your dog. Anyone in the area that can perhaps put a drone up to help the search. I will ask on the fb drone forum.

Fingers crossed Andy comes home.

Jul 26, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
To many to mention
They could try posting details on cumbriacrack.com and include as much info as possible, last seen at !!!!!! Etc. That way locals may be of some help

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
He's very old and and a bit senile, he just starts walking off, I saw him do it at Malvern, bless him. Hope they find him well soon.

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
I really hope they find him. Nothing worse than losing your dog. Anyone in the area that can perhaps put a drone up to help the search. I will ask on the fb drone forum.

Fingers crossed Andy comes home.
I believe they are getting some help with a drone search already, but will get back to you if not.

Kim H

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 24, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
Since 2011
I've been following this on Facebook and willing him to be found safe

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Me too. He's got to be somewhere. To have a dog all these years and lose him at the end like this must be awful for the owners.

If he's anything like Blue perhaps won't be far but fell in a ditch and can't get up.
We are heading to the Lake District on Saturday so will certainly be keeping a lookout.

Let's all say a prayer for him to be found safely .

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
How many people have actually been out looking for this dog? Maybe it's about time to ask the power of the funsters to all come along and help..if they can.

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
How many people have actually been out looking for this dog? Maybe it's about time to ask the power of the funsters to all come along and help..if they can.
Many people, including drones, tracker dogs and local volunteers. All vets informed, just about every Facebook page relating to the area. I believe at one point there was about 40 people out searching. They have even had kayaks out searching the banks.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
That's a good search party then Sandra(y)

Perhaps put a few signs up at local churches, just thinking not so many old folk online or walking about but lots go to church.

I once found my dog huddled between 2 wheelie bins in someone's garden.

I keep returning to this thread in the hope it's good news.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hate to say it but this happened with my friend's beloved doberman. He just disappeared and was not found. . The vet said that 'he did not want to be found'.... he had just gone away to quietly die peacefully (as many animals do) ... and it is important to remember that he was loved and had a good life... Still heartbreaking for those who care. :(

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Hate to say it but this happened with my friend's beloved doberman. He just disappeared and was not found. . The vet said that 'he did not want to be found'.... he had just gone away to quietly die peacefully (as many animals do) ... and it is important to remember that he was loved and had a good life... Still heartbreaking for those who care. :(
I suspect you may be right. We as humans want to protect and love our pets right up to the last, but animals see it differently. Maybe nature took over and his instincts told him his time had come.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back