Free Member
Jul 31, 2009
Clevedon, Bristol
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
1 week (ahh)
:cry::cry:You have guessed it, his owners called up.
They live 6 doors down the street. Apparently they have been asking everywhere.(?)
Ah well ...sniff! wahhhhh:cry:
The young girl was overjoyed and 'Chance' or should I say Barny was exstatic:Smile:
Its nice that they are together again. I insisted on her signing the form to say she had collected him. I will tell the warden after the Hols.
Im just gonna blow me nose ...scuse me. Phhhbbbb! thats better.
Its awful quiet in here now. Ahh so! its ok! I knew it would happen and slickmouse did warn me, even though I kind of hoped that they wouldnt show up.
It was nice owning a dog though :Smile:

tarmacsurfer2000

Free Member
Aug 4, 2009
Funster No
:cry::cry:You have guessed it, his owners called up.
They live 6 doors down the street. Apparently they have been asking everywhere.(?)
Ah well ...sniff! wahhhhh:cry:
The young girl was overjoyed and 'Chance' or should I say Barny was exstatic:Smile:
Its nice that they are together again. I insisted on her signing the form to say she had collected him. I will tell the warden after the Hols.
Im just gonna blow me nose ...scuse me. Phhhbbbb! thats better.
Its awful quiet in here now. Ahh so! its ok! I knew it would happen and slickmouse did warn me, even though I kind of hoped that they wouldnt show up.
It was nice owning a dog though :Smile:

I have been following this thread for a while now...Such a shame...however if either of my two had wandered off and someone like you had taken them in and had cared for them like you had I would have been the happiest most grateful man alive :thumb: I know it is no consilation to you but you have reunited 'Chance' with his grateful owners and you should feel very proud that you did such a good job of looking after him in the meantime. People like you are very rare these days... :winky:
If you ask nicely you may get visiting rights??? Plus he is not that far away so you can sort of keep and eye on him so to speak...

All the best

Last edited:

ralphman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2009
pevensey bay
Funster No
MH
hymer b544
Exp
4 years
:cry: arhh
you should go to battersea jomel, thats where i got ralph and my previous boxer scooby. They are overrun with poor staffies looking for a nice home like yours & all other breeds but it was so hard to choose from all the staffies that are there, you can even look at some of their dogs online, just type in battersea dogs home & it will come up, cant remember exact address but easy to find, just had their mag through & they've got loads of staffs as usual, they are £90 for dogs. go on you know you want one :winky:
sam & ralph

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Elvis

Free Member
Jun 13, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since Nov 2008
A sign

I think Barny came to you for a reason, I think you should go to a rescue centre and claim a Staff for your own ::bigsmile:

tarmacsurfer2000

Free Member
Aug 4, 2009
Funster No
I think Barny came to you for a reason, I think you should go to a rescue centre and claim a Staff for your own ::bigsmile:

hear hear... :thumb::thumb::thumb: Dogs Trust are over loaded with hounds at the moment! What with the hard financial times an all...

highwayman

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Herne Bay
Funster No
MH
Low profile Rapido
Exp
Since 2005 ish
We have a staffie rescue centre near-us, they always have some in need of a good home.
And it sounds-like with you they'd find-one :thumb:

regards...nige

OP
OP
jomel

jomel

Free Member
Jul 31, 2009
Clevedon, Bristol
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
1 week (ahh)
Thanks guys:thumb: It seemed everything happened yesterday. The first real viewings on my house and the 2nd couple wanted a 2nd viewing within half an hour and gave us an offer of asking price if we took it off market. :Eeek:
Oooh! its all happening now. They arent part of a chain and have dosh in place so it should happen fairly quickly.
The other thing was, after busting a gut to try and get in here last night I discover I have a Trojan on my pc...great! something called bing which hijacks your browser? My daughter whose up in Yorks is a technophobe and was trying to fix it remotely which is all very strange, seeing your mouse move about on its own.
Well, it has to be done, Im looking at the doggy website::bigsmile:

damondunc

Funster
Aug 2, 2007
near Lincoln
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hope things move quickly with the house sale :winky:

What doggy website are you looking at ,seen anything you like :winky:

You can have as many dogs as you can look after , we are fulltimers and we have 4 , the eldest is about 10yers old and the youngest is 6mths , makes life interesting ::bigsmile:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
You can have as many dogs as you can look after , we are fulltimers and we have 4 , the eldest is about 10yers old and the youngest is 6mths , makes life interesting ::bigsmile:

Hi

Interesting you should say that.. when we looked into adopting a dog we were considered unsuitable as we didn't have a 'proper' address .. :RollEyes:

when I posted this previously someone commented that this was right as we led an itinerant lifestyle in a van .... :Angry:

so we ended up buying a pup ... our delightful Jack Russel Mylo :Smile:

jim

damondunc

Funster
Aug 2, 2007
near Lincoln
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I have passed two rescue homechecks and i was very honest about how i live , i have until recently fostered a number of dogs for Lurcher link , now it is just homechecks i do .

I saw a dog in a rescue had gone to live on a narrowboat recently :Smile:

tarmacsurfer2000

Free Member
Aug 4, 2009
Funster No
I have passed two rescue homechecks and i was very honest about how i live , i have until recently fostered a number of dogs for Lurcher link , now it is just homechecks i do .

I saw a dog in a rescue had gone to live on a narrowboat recently :Smile:

The system is a bit daft...We had a home check to make sure we had a 6 foot (at least) high fence, an area for the dogs, quized over sleeping arrangements for them etc etc... But they don't check the actual people out??? Seems crazy to me :Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Having had dealings with a re homing centre from the other side so to speak, I know how careful they are in re homing, as they look at if a dog or cat has had a bad start, and come to the centre then they will do there utmost to make sure that it does not happen again. I think is why they are so careful and any doubt exists in there minds then they say no.
It's the same with the charges made, people are more likely to look after something they have had to pay quite a high price for, than got for free.

Dave:thumb::thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Having had dealings with a re homing centre from the other side so to speak, I know how careful they are in re homing, as they look at if a dog or cat has had a bad start, and come to the centre then they will do there utmost to make sure that it does not happen again. I think is why they are so careful and any doubt exists in there minds then they say no.
It's the same with the charges made, people are more likely to look after something they have had to pay quite a high price for, than got for free.

Hi

Fully understand why, but simply to reject without considering the circumstances is what got me angry.. it was as if we were societies rejects and not fit to have a dog.

Rescue centres are stuffed full of un-loved un-wanted pets .. I think they need to more flexible in the adoption criteria and judge each on it's own merits and not on a set of inflexible rules. Surely better to bend them occasionally and risk getting it wrong that simply to say no ?

Re charges, no problem, totally agree..

jim

Last edited:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Yes I do agree the centre I knew did just that it was only run by a few friends so made it easier, trouble with the big org. they have a rule book and the jobs worth attitude has taken over. It's a shame but if they make a mistake the press have a field day.

Last edited:

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
I've been following this thread but haven't been on for a bit because of 2 migraines.

So sorry it didn't work out with Barney, but he was so lucky to have found you.

Hope you find another orphan dog to keep you company and give you lots of laughs.
Lucille

Losos

Free Member
Feb 17, 2009
Suffolk & Czechland
Funster No
MH
Looking to buyi
Exp
N/a
Hi

Fully understand why, but simply to reject without considering the circumstances is what got me angry.. it was as if we were societies rejects and not fit to have a dog.

I would suggest Jim that part of the problem is that all these rescue societies have to make their own rules, there are no national standards and no one is oversseing what the rescue societies do and it will be long time before there is either any common standards or any overseeing body.

You were clearly unlucky in the place you went to and I would say that feeling like societies rejects is probably what anyone would feel, but try not to hold a grudge against this particular rescue, they were clearly not familiar with the different types MH ownership (and let's face it there is a certain type of caravan and MH'er that no one wants to live next door to, isn't there :winky:)

As you mention there are more and more dogs ending up in rescues and it must distort the view of the people who work in these rescues to see society being so callous and uncaring.

My belief is that a dogs worst nightmare is a break up of the pack, unlike humans they will do whatever they can to keep all the pack together, that maybe in a cave (ie a house) or it could be on the move (ie a MH) just as long as you are all together all the time they will be happy.

And I agree they would have been able to place another dog if they hadn't been so 'narrow' minded.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back