Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
On my last trip to France I dropped the Adblue cap and searched the damn thing high an low, looking for it. When we got home I sent off for a new one which duly arrive and I fitted, albeit a different type.
I just could not find the other one and it never fell onto the ground in the filling station.
Well today, in the dismal dusk I was looking in the bonnet for the oil filler and I just caught a glimpse of blue plastic, guess what the damn cap turns up, after spending so long looking I find it dropped between the Hymer front panel and the MB cross member, how it got there I do not know but I now have a spare cap. The wonders of buying an 'A'class , Had I known that you HAVE to take out all the front panels and radiators just to reach the engine I might have bought the cab type, and at least be able to see the engine. If major work needed doing it would cost a fortune to do unless they had midget to get up on the engine to work on it. The older ones had a bonnet panel inside to remove I think but this one it would be quicker to drop out the engine as a complete unit with the chassis cross-member. Not a good design point. I hope that NOTHING ever goes wrong with it, but it shouldn't, in the small time I can have it , so it will be someone else's problem then.
I didn't know that the dealership were so mercenary either they tried to get me to have and oil and filter change, then they say I must have the brake fluid changed every year, and then the Automatic gearbox flushed and refilled with fluid every year it has 16000 miles from new in a year and a bit. Yet white van ma expects to go 35000 between engine oil changes and 75000 for the gearbox fluid and four years for the brakes fluid as well as pads etc when needed.. Maybe when they found it was a Motorhome they thought that there must be a LOT OF MONEY to be made from this rich baXXXXd here. I have bought ALL the required fluids and filters etcand it will be done when the computor tell me to not the dealer, who I think is lying through his teeth. Are they all out to get us??????

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back