Loss of fresh water when on move (1 Viewer)

snooky

Free Member
Feb 17, 2016
teesside
Funster No
MH
looking to buy
Exp
A newbie question ! Is the boiler frost dump valve thing suppose to be open or closed when traveling??
My first time out I filled water tank up and all went well then 2nd time out a week later I set off and could see water coming out from rear near side but thought it was nothing to bother about but got to site and there was no water left in tank so had to fill it up and was ok, the only thing that might of been different was one time the trauma valve was open and the other time it wasn't but thinking about it I can't remember which was which time,
Can anyone put me right please so I can go away today without loosing my fresh water.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
The dump valve should not open unless the temp goes below about 6° As it is an automatic frost protection so before traveling it should be closed

Upvote 0

Poohbear

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Worcester
Funster No
MH
Swift Lifestlye 644
Exp
June 2015
Your water tank shouldn't empty anyway unless your pump is switched on. Even if the drain valve is open it should just dump the contents of the boiler and that's all.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

snooky

Free Member
Feb 17, 2016
teesside
Funster No
MH
looking to buy
Exp
Any idea why it might of emptied while on the travel or what I should be checking ?

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Check that water pump is switched off and valves are closed might be a good idea to check any pipe joints as sometimes they can work loose and leak.

Upvote 0
Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Your water tank shouldn't empty anyway unless your pump is switched on. Even if the drain valve is open it should just dump the contents of the boiler and that's all.
It depends on the plumbing layout. Mine empties the main tank as well (siphon effect).

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

snooky

Free Member
Feb 17, 2016
teesside
Funster No
MH
looking to buy
Exp
Just checked the valve and it had opened so I've pulled it back up and put a peg on to keep it pulled closed and I've turned the taps on on the bottom of boiler and the kitchen taps and the gas cooker just cause it was next to the tap

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back