Free Member
Apr 18, 2008
welsh border
Funster No
MH
hymer
Exp
approx 10 yrs
is it right to ban free speech in our country as our leaders are now doing ???

the dutch M P is another example !!

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
I can't comment on that Ray....:Sad:

Do they still stand on their soapboxes at Speaker's corner in London?

Seems there's so many laws governing this nowadays...:Angry:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Freeedom of speech is one thing that this country is famous for, however would it be right to allow extremist to preach sedition and incite riots, bombing etc. Just where do we draw the line. To my mind it is quite simple we don't. Let them say what they like treason is still punishable by the death penalty, that should take care of that. Certain crimes cannot be ignored under the freedom of speech banner. I think the government it crap but will vote to change them not blow the buggers up. What say you?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
As I understand it he is being denied entry for his racist and anti Muslim views designed to inspire hatred and stir up trouble..

Ask yourself this question, if Hitler was alive and arrived at Heathrow spouting anti Semitism would we let him in, do we not learn from history ?

Freedom of speech .. yes, freedom to incite riots .. no. Freedom to break the law. NO

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
The film that got him into trouble in the Netherlands can be found here, its the second item

Link Removed

Link Removed

New Rover

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
Funster No
If the UK authorities can bar this Dutch MP from gaining entry to Britain under European Union Law (Public Security).

Then why on earth can they not stop the "hundreds" of criminals wanted for serious crimes throughout Europe from entering the UK as well under the same Public Security heading.

Even when they get here they are allowed to stay until their appeal is heard and that can take years. In the meantime they are allowed "out on bail" to surrender under their own recognisance when required to do so at a later date.

Only in Britain...............I despair!

peter t

Free Member
Feb 26, 2008
Sunny Croydon.
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
nearly a year.
is it right to ban free speech in our country as our leaders are now doing ???

the dutch M P is another example !!

No it's very wrong..... unless your a extremist islamist, in that case we will let you preach your twisted ideoligy in our streets, meeting houses, mosks, because we the modern world have moved on into the 21st century and we have a democracy and free speech for some.

His movie only shows up the obvious threat we all face from these nutters, the gov' should be rightly worried that it would stir up racial tension, so will the gov, be doing anything to tighten up immigration control , border control, islamists spouting their anti semetic hatred and threats NO. not untill something god awful happens.

Protect Our Freedom, springs to mind.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
It was another beautiful, sunny day here in Portugal. What a lovely, happy life we can have in our motorhomes if we don't let ourselves get all wound up about things we don't like but that we aren't actually going to do anything about...

peter t

Free Member
Feb 26, 2008
Sunny Croydon.
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
nearly a year.
yeah silly me, so if i stick me head in the sand will it go away.:RollEyes: er no cause one day you'll have to face up to it.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Anyone spouting crap to insite violence should not be allowed in to the country.. Equally his own country should disallow him as an MP

But whatever made you think you have freedom of speach in the UK ?
There has NEVER been freedom of speach in this country ( unless what your saying either falls in line with the Brown stains thinking ( as in the PM's throughout the ages ! ) or is considered so daft that no one would listen anyway !!

A few short years ago an editor of one of the more umm.. lets say aggressively micky taking journals got three years ( he did two ) for allowing anti govt articles to be published !
CPS said the articles were subversive.. Yer right !!

M

michaelc

Deleted User
In answer

The mans got a point, just walk around bradford, its not the England I knew.
michael

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
As I understand it he is being denied entry for his racist and anti Muslim views designed to inspire hatred and stir up trouble..

Ask yourself this question, if Hitler was alive and arrived at Heathrow spouting anti Semitism would we let him in, do we not learn from history ?

Freedom of speech .. yes, freedom to incite riots .. no. Freedom to break the law. NO

I agree. With every Right comes a Responsibility. If there is a right to free expression then that right must be used within the law.

Where politicians have got it wrong over the years is not to be even-handed. They need to bar entry to all who would spread racial/religious intolerence regardless of who they are, where they come from or the root of their views.

Graham

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
The mans got a point, just walk around bradford, its not the England I knew.
michael

The Derbyshire village in which I grew up is "not the England I knew" either. The undeveloped fields where we played and the country way of life were changed forever back in the 1960s.

Reason for the change? Overspill estates to replace some of the slums of Manchester and provide somewhere decent to live for thousands of people.

Change can have its downside as well as its advantages. It is up to all of us who are reponsible members of society to do everything we can to minimise the former and promote the latter.

Graham

M

michaelc

Deleted User
In answer

The slums of manchester have returned, along with the slums of Bristol and other large cities, In fact I don,t think they ever went away.
I still believe this man had a point and it should of been OUR right to say yes or no he was right or wrong in his views.
michael

drs

Free Member
Oct 13, 2007
Ware, Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
The problem I have with the MPs is that they think that we elect them to lead us but I thought that we elect them to represent us. Unfortunatly they are to busy doing what they want to do either for this country. And if Mr Wilders is talking rubbish then I would have thought it better to allow him into Britain and defeat him in open debate than to take the cowards way out and simply ban him.

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
I have watched the film and listened to the interviews and I admit that I can not vouch for translations of the Ko'ran but I do not doubt that they are mainly correct. Therefore I agree with the principle of what the Dutch is saying.

I am convinced as soon as one of these extremist countrys/groups get there hands on a nuke they will use it.

Doug...

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I have watched the film and listened to the interviews and I admit that I can not vouch for translations of the Ko'ran but I do not doubt that they are mainly correct. Therefore I agree with the principle of what the Dutch is saying.

I agree with that ..

Since I first posted I have now had a chance to watch the video and several interviews, read his web site, watched Question Time and heard quite a few commentators on the radio .. .. what he has to say makes a lot of sense and a debate about it is needed in this country.
I now think it was wrong to ban him.. but the ban may have served his purpose better. It's certainly got a lot of people talking about the issues.

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2008
Antwerp /Belgium
Funster No
Exp
This Dutch MP (Mr Wilders) is elected lawfully in the Netherlands. As far as I now, he is not a racist nor a nazi. The only thing he did was a warning that fundamentalist moslims
missuse the coran to destabilize our governments and christian culture. In his film he only quotes verses from the coran and links them to moslim-inspired terrorism. Islamic lobby in the UK brought the government that far to deny him entry in the UK. Is that democracy, or is the UK government that afraid moslim riots ? :Eeek:

peter t

Free Member
Feb 26, 2008
Sunny Croydon.
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
nearly a year.
This Dutch MP (Mr Wilders) is elected lawfully in the Netherlands. As far as I now, he is not a racist nor a nazi. The only thing he did was a warning that fundamentalist moslims
missuse the coran to destabilize our governments and christian culture. In his film he only quotes verses from the coran and links them to moslim-inspired terrorism. Islamic lobby in the UK brought the government that far to deny him entry in the UK. Is that democracy, or is the UK government that afraid moslim riots ? :Eeek:

Give the man a pat on the back..:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back