Losing weight (1 Viewer)

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
On the subject of losing some weight off the MH. I was in Johns Cross today getting a right hand knuckle joint for my awning and they had a display of Gaslow refillable bottles. Picking on of these up they seem a lot lighter than an empty standard Calor bottle. (I didn't make it out of the shop with it:Sad:)

Does anyone know the weight saving on replacing two 13kg Calor propane with the equivilant Gaslow bottles?

M&L

Free Member
Jan 26, 2008
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
Exp
I thought that the Gaslow ones were around the same weight, however if you really want to save weight then have a look at the BPLite bottles.
They are so light even when full you can carry one in each hand, you can also see through then to see how much gas is inside. The downside is that they are only 10kg and cost £22.50 to exchange.

Mike

Kon tiki

Free Member
Oct 11, 2007
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
20+
I have an 11 kg Alugas re-fillable cylinder & it is really light compared to the gaslow ones. I think the empty weight is about 6 kgs. I think the Gaslow ones weigh 11 kgs empty.

Last edited:

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Depends on which gaslow cylinder you go for.
The 11kg option weighs 11.5kg empty and the 6 kg option weighs in at about 6.9kg.

6kg cylinders hold 11.5 litres of gas (80% capacity)
11kg cylinders hold 21 litres (80% capacity)

Hope this helps :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back