Losing the cursor when typing (1 Viewer)

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

At times I lose the cursor when typing a reply, it doesn't always happen, but it can be very annoying if you go back to correct something you can't see where the cursor is, any ideas why and what i can try to stop it happening

I have just found out that it happens when i use the Google toolbar spell checker, even when i stop the spell checker i still can't see the cursor albeit I can see if perfectly before i use the spell checker

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Ditto and its a pain in the neck, however in my case the spell checker was not installed so think again. Around the same time I find I have lost the ability to upload phot's to photobucket. The upload box is just blank.

OP
OP
B

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi, It appears its a problem with FireFox and the Google Spell Checker, as I have just tried it with IE8 and it works fine, can see the cursor at all times ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
B

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
just testing the latest version of FireFox 3.6.4 and i still can't see the cursor after I run the Google spell checker.

OP
OP
B

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

Just found out how FireFox own spell checker works and installed the English Dictionary a, it seems to have resolved the problem it underlines misspelt words as you type and provides a reasonable level of correction.

If you want to use it you need to turn on the spelling as you type under Tools> Options > Advanced tab tick the box check spelling as I type.

If it still doesn't do anything when you are typing, type at least 2 lines then press your right hand button on the mouse and click on Langauges and install the appropriate dictonary then it should work fine.

hope that helps anyone having similar problems

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back