Lorry smashes into caravans at lochside park (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Fortunately the vans were unoccupied ...

A lorry driver was taken to hospital after his vehicle came off the road and smashed into three caravans in Dunoon.

Police said that it was only by good fortune that the incident did not have "tragic" consequences, after the articulated lorry left the road, crashed through a hedge and collided with the caravans at Loch Eck caravan park at around 4.49pm on Friday.

One caravan was badly damaged, and the other two suffered slight damage, but none were occupied at the time of the crash.

The driver of the lorry was trapped in the cab of the vehicle and the Scottish Ambulance Service administered first aid before firefighters used hydraulic rescue equipment to free him.

He was taken to Dunoon General Hospital by ambulance.

Watch Commander Allan Graham from Dunoon Community Fire Station said: "It was fortunate that the caravans were empty at the time of the crash or the consequences could have been tragic."

Strathclyde Police are investigating the incident.

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
When I was younger we were going to Dunoon from Strachur on the Loch Eck road, because the road has more twist and turns than a scenic railway, we tried to go round one bend hit some slippery bit on the road and rolled the car twice and landed in Dunoon hospital and all I remember is the Cloch lighthouse foghorn going all night. Even now, when in Scotland we never use that road.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Jim, it just shows that you never know when your time is up.... I realised that it just takes a minute to lose your life when the flying metal hit me on the way to Roger's meet ... 18" higher and I would have been a gonner. Joy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back