AXO66

Free Member
Oct 6, 2016
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Chasson 510
Exp
Whilst taking our 510 for it’s monthly winter run,around 60,miles,we heard a new noise,sort of rattling. My partner looked back and she saw a flashing light on the internal electric contol box. It’s a trafic light based box for switching on lights etc and showing battery condition and water levels.

Stopped and found it was the engine battery warning light ,and when tested it was shown to be down to the bottom red bar. Also noticed the light showing the alternator was charging the lesuure battery was not lit. Had this problem before,a blown relay fuse. But the poor engine battery ,bit of an issue.

Next day relay fuses checked, all ok. So thinking back to dealers or ford agents, or was it it another fuse?

Checked the contol panels hand book and fuse box diagram,and saw a fuse No.13 with a battery to battery symbol on it. Shape being an upside down letter T with a battery on each arm.

Back to van checked again the instrument panel's batery warning light,not lit,no problem.

To fuse box for first time pulled out a 3amp No.13 fuse labeled “exit”very easily. All o.k. Pushed back in firmly. Checked electrics ......all ok... all batteries fully charged and alternator charging lesuire battery and supplying all habitation circuits.

So from thinking alternator issues or major electical issues it was a fuse !?..... I hope.

I don,t know if it was a lose relay fuse or a lose “exit” No 13 fuse. Interesting one has shaken loose.

Anybody any idea what an “ exit” fuse? is in a fuse box and do fuses shake loose?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Just a guess......electric step or low level step lighting.
I would think at 3a it could control either...lights direct or the step via a relay fed by the fuse.

Fuses could work loose but extremely unlikely.
Maybe just inserted roughly in the past and spread the 'jaws' apart slightly.

OP
OP
AXO66

AXO66

Free Member
Oct 6, 2016
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Chasson 510
Exp
I don’t see how a fuse could work loose either ! It’s either in or out

,My puzzle is I just touched 3 fuses. 2 in the 2 relay boxes which all seem fine and that exit fuse which did seem loose when I pulled it out. Then all the electrical faults lights stopped and all seems ok.

The van is under 2 years old and I’ve not touced the fuse box before! Did have a habitation service beginning of october. It dosn't have an electric step But thinking about it it has 3. Low-level small leds to highlight internal steps and exit step .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back