Loop heart monitor - travel insurance (1 Viewer)

Apr 25, 2014
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Overhead cab
Exp
8 years
John had a very short spell of unconsciousness at 6am one day last October.He's had lots of tests and nothing has been found so he's had a heart monitor fitted which records the electric heart beats from his heart. The cardiologist isn't expecting it to find out anything is wrong with his heart but its just the last precaution.
He says a lot of people have a one-off episode of unconsciousness with no explanation found.
We've been phoning round for travel/health insurance so we can go back to Slovenia and Croatia this year and so far haven't been able to find any because it's an undiagnosed problem.
Any ideas anyone please?
Thanks.
Steph

Mack100

Free Member
Jul 27, 2013
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
John had a very short spell of unconsciousness at 6am one day last October.He's had lots of tests and nothing has been found so he's had a heart monitor fitted which records the electric heart beats from his heart. The cardiologist isn't expecting it to find out anything is wrong with his heart but its just the last precaution.
He says a lot of people have a one-off episode of unconsciousness with no explanation found.
We've been phoning round for travel/health insurance so we can go back to Slovenia and Croatia this year and so far haven't been able to find any because it's an undiagnosed problem.
Any ideas anyone please?
Thanks.
Steph
My experience of this is that you will not get any such insurance until a firm diagnosis is reached.

OP
OP
S
Apr 25, 2014
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Overhead cab
Exp
8 years
My experience of this is that you will not get any such insurance until a firm diagnosis is reached.
That is my worry because he will have the monitor for 3 years unless it shows anything.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Have you tried Barclays, they were very good with insurance for my wife who has had cancer. Other insurers were ridiculous.

Sep 14, 2018
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato compass drift
Exp
Only going off another persons comment on a forum elsewhere, but could you put it down as this individual has?......(*NB- I don't claim to know that his is right or correct- just a thought and an idea to attempt to help)...

"I have it down as Syncope (unexplained collapse) on my insurance and they asked specifically if a Cardiac reason had been identified to which i confirmed no (as it hasn't as of yet) and its was covered for for an extra few pounds."

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Zoppydog

Deceased RIP
Jul 19, 2013
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
Since 2013
Insurancewith.com cover a lot of medical issues but as someone said if you haven’t got a diagnosis might be a problem as Insurance companies will class it as ongoing investigations. Syncope is a good one to use!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back