Looks like we'll be getting a new mh after all ..... (1 Viewer)

Dec 23, 2015
Audenshaw
Funster No
MH
Pilote Pacific P650GJ
Exp
Over 6000 miles between 3 March to 26 September 2017.
In my first post on here to introduce myself, I said that we were looking for an older motorhome, possibly about 15 years old. However, we went to the Motorhome Show at Manchester yesterday and it looks like we might be investing in a brand new Elddis this time next year! I have a couple of questions though, and hope someone on here will be able to help me.

Firstly, Elddis do not fit cd players any more (don't know whether other manufacturers do). Is it possible to have a cd player fitted that doesn't look as though it's an "add on"?

Secondly, the ones we're looking at, either the Accordo 105 or the Autoquest 115, are both two berth, with seatbelts only for driver and passenger. Is it possible to have seatbelts fitted to the rear, side facing, seats so that we can take family on days out?

I know I'm going to have lots and lots of questions over the coming 12 months and I'm certain this forum will be invaluable. Have you ever barred anyone for asking too many questions!

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
brand new vans are really for people with enough income to be changing vans every 2/3 years or for experienced motor homers who know what they need and intend keeping the van as long as possible for a first time buy with no experience theres a good chance you will want to change it sooner rather than later depreciation on new goods means you will have lost probably 10/15% the minute you take possesion
We agree with@mitzimad we have always bought second hand vans as most warrenty issues have hopefully been ironed out and the previous owners have sometimes added the extras that we feel are essential but always bump up the price if added on to a brand new MH. Our first van was 6 years old when we bought it but this one was 3 years old so very new looking and low mileage ! Good luck !

Upvote 0

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
And have a look through the classified ads on this site as a few members have vans for sale. At least that way you know the history and have someone familiar with the van to talk you through it.

We are going to take delivery of our very first brand new motorhome in April. It will be our 4th van and I always said I would never buy new....... but after over 20 years I think we now know what we want and (just as important) don't want in a van and this one should last us 10 years or maybe more. And the price and trade in were right :)

Adding seat belts is a big NO. Someone came to look at our van (the one we are trading in unless we sell it privately first) and said she was going to fit extra belts at which point we told her to go home and have a long think as we didn't want to completely burst the bubble. Luckily in a cold clear dawn of next day she decided it was not the van for her. Phew. I would not have sold knowing it wouldn't suit.

The next man to look at it wanted to full time in it and I had to ask him if it would be big enough for him - also he wanted the refillable gas system taken out as he thought Calor would be easier in remote areas !!! I said straight out that it was not the van for him and I think he appreciated that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back