Looks like I will be driving. (1 Viewer)

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Through France, wife wanted to get away the beginning of September to tour round the Iberian peninsula again but all the ferries are fully booked for that time,she even phoned them and was told that for the same time next year we might be struggling to get on with an 8m motorhome.:eek: So it's another long drive and more miles on the van,only consolation is I can pick up some of my favourite French wine.(y)

Jan 19, 2010
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
We booked Portsmouth/Santander in December 2015 for last years summer holiday and had loads of options. We left it until February this year and had very limited choice (travelling next week).

Deleted User
Some say BF is expensive, the market seems to say otherwise.

I have seen 2 cut price operators on the UK- Spain routes and one on Spain-France attempt to run a service over the last few years, all have failed.....wonder why?

BF still going, relatively expensive but in my opinion a good operator to travel with.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geejay

Free Member
Dec 25, 2011
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
If you think you might go next Sept then book now. There's plenty choice on the website and if you change your mind you'll lose £40 deposit.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Early September is always busy in my experience, if you can go mid-September you should find space on a boat, especially if you look at leaving from Plymouth as well as Portsmouth.

OP
OP
bigtree
Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Dover - Calais booked for the 4th of September,going to Oyster Sat Tech on the way down to get my autoskew fixed.Return via Santander - Portsmouth, will consider booking ferry trips earlier in future.

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
If you change your mind on a BF booking you can just move it to another date. I have done it twice now on the same initial booking. :)

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
If you change your mind on a BF booking you can just move it to another date. I have done it twice now on the same initial booking. :)
Did you have to pay any admin fees? Their website suggests you might have to, if I recall?

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Did you have to pay any admin fees? Their website suggests you might have to, if I recall?
I've changed my booking significantly this year. We were going Plymouth/Santander but decided on Plymouth/Roscoff so we didn't just change the dates but the entire route. The cost saving in our case is held in our "account" to be spent on future trips. Where it might cost more is if you go at a more popular time and the ticket price is higher but providing the changes are made on line there were no admin charges in my experience. It might be different if changes were made very close to the sailing date. :)

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
I've changed my booking significantly this year. We were going Plymouth/Santander but decided on Plymouth/Roscoff so we didn't just change the dates but the entire route. The cost saving in our case is held in our "account" to be spent on future trips. Where it might cost more is if you go at a more popular time and the ticket price is higher but providing the changes are made on line there were no admin charges in my experience. It might be different if changes were made very close to the sailing date. :)
Very helpful info - thanks!

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I had the same experience last year, swapping the same routes as John, I find BF the most customer facing ferry company, even the loaders whilst stern faced when directing you to park are all smiles once they have got you in a safe place.

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
Meant to add watch if you change a booking online from one year to the next. I did and it didn't take my discount off. Phoned up and CS were adamant it had been taken off. I said please check they went away and checked by pricing it up again. They then agreed with me and said the system has problems when switching over years!

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
If you think you might go next Sept then book now. There's plenty choice on the website and if you change your mind you'll lose £40 deposit.
If you change early enough it costs you nothing,,BUSBY,,

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back