Looks like batteries are needing an upgrade 2019 Dethleffs (1 Viewer)

Bustup15

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs I 7820-2
Exp
New to motorhomes 2019
1st 'winter' trip away in Scotland this year. Leisure batteries charge to 12.7v when driving via the B2b but seem to deplete quickly. At 12.0 this morning šŸ˜³.

Drove a couple of hours and back to 12.7v but suspect lithium are coming shortly! Ouch.

OP
OP
Bustup15

Bustup15

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs I 7820-2
Exp
New to motorhomes 2019
Well I bit the bullet and ordered 2*150ah lithium on a weekend that were in stock and available for next day delivery.

This was a week before our Spanish 3 week trip.

Guess what?

Order was delayed in shipment by UPS due to lack of drivers.

Then 1 arrived on the Tuesday - we were leaving on the next Sunday.

Repeated chasing for the missing battery, eventually traced as delivered to an Amazon warehouse šŸ¤Æ

Couldn't go and collect, UPS wouldn't talk to me only the supplier.

Result was we left with the old batteries in situ.

Now got an email to say battery has been traced and will be delivered.

Just hope we continue to get some sun otherwise it will need to be campsites every other day or more driving to allow B2b to charge up the failing AGMs.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
We must be lucky still on the original lead acid hab battery after 7 1/2 years

You re not particularly lucky our lead/acid are the same. Maybe we are both lucky.

My previous ones were 4 years plus however long they had bee fitted before I bought the MH, could have been originals i.e. 10 years.

Geoff

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
That's what I like sympathy šŸ˜‚
Lenny has had a bad experience with the old Banner AGM batteries and I believe that's why he has no faith in them. Hopefully the newer Pure Lead Carbon AGM leisure batteries will prove to be a success story. We just need time and end users reports to confirm they are as good as the manufacturers claim them to be. Now wouldn't that be a change for the leisure battery industry.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Bustup15

Bustup15

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs I 7820-2
Exp
New to motorhomes 2019
Well, 10 days in, batteries holding up for 1 or 2 nights at a time so not too bad.

Not needed electric hook up so far šŸ¤ž and all stop overs have been freebies šŸ˜Š

Will be pleased to get lithium fitted when we get back and have much more capacity for use in UK in winter.

cbrookson

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2011
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur RX9 2012
Exp
Since 2001
Changed my Banner AGMs for a couple of VARTA LDF90's: I was taking far too much current on hook ups, the AGMs were really far gone, and I had no confidence in them.
They were less than half the price of the AGMs and still going well ... I just had to remember to change the Schaudt EBL charging profile.

Not sure if this is interest, but had the urge to post :) ...

Cheers

Dec 30, 2015
Bury
Funster No
MH
Pilote G650L
Exp
Three years
Changed my Banner AGMs for a couple of VARTA LDF90's: I was taking far too much current on hook ups, the AGMs were really far gone, and I had no confidence in them.
They were less than half the price of the AGMs and still going well ... I just had to remember to change the Schaudt EBL charging profile.

Not sure if this is interest, but had the urge to post :) ...

Cheers
I know this is an old thread, but did you change the setting from "Lead gel" to "Lead acid" on the Schaudt?

Mar 2, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral
Exp
Im a newbe
I know its not M.H related but just changed my family car battery after being on there 10 years !.

cbrookson

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2011
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur RX9 2012
Exp
Since 2001
I know this is an old thread, but did you change the setting from "Lead gel" to "Lead acid" on the Schaudt?
Yes, I did: Just changed the setting to Lead Acid on the Schaudt Elektroblock. Don't forget that some of the Schuadt systems won't reboot properly - unless you start them with the Solar Charging unit disconnected. Took me ages to find that out - had to read the manual! (Something and Engineer never does :LOL:).

Cheers

Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
Just changed ours after 7 years of fitment from new! We have just gone for lead acid and had 2 x 110amp hr jobbies fitted . Im guessing here but.....Hopefully........they should last us out for the next few years?

Kev

Dec 30, 2015
Bury
Funster No
MH
Pilote G650L
Exp
Three years
Yes, I did: Just changed the setting to Lead Acid on the Schaudt Elektroblock. Don't forget that some of the Schuadt systems won't reboot properly - unless you start them with the Solar Charging unit disconnected. Took me ages to find that out - had to read the manual! (Something and Engineer never does :LOL:).

Cheers
I've just discovered my Electroblock was set to "Lead Acid" but I have an AGM battery for which Schaudt recommend the "Lead Gel" setting. It's not something I'd done, but I have no way to know if the previous owner changed it or if it's always been set that way. No idea what sort of effect that might have had on the battery...... The van was first registered in early 2017.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back