LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Wow. Think he would let me park in his drive, please? Could solve my immediate problems.. :) Look forward to that one.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I'm having real déjà vue. This has been around before? I know it was a Bennett stage play but I'm sure I've seen it ( but obviously not this film version) before. On TV? Googled but it just shows the film.

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
I'm having real déjà vue. This has been around before? I know it was a Bennett stage play but I'm sure I've seen it ( but obviously not this film version) before. On TV? Googled but it just shows the film.

it rang a bit of a tinkling bell with me too, but i think it was because there had been quite a bit in the media about a lady who lived in a car in a chiswick street for many years even though she apparently owned a house and was quite wealthy..
sadly, she died not too long ago i understand..
am thinking she was possibly the inspiration for this film..
really looking forward to seeing the film..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
it rang a bit of a tinkling bell with me too, but i think it was because there had been quite a bit in the media about a lady who lived in a car in a chiswick street for many years even though she apparently owned a house and was quite wealthy..
sadly, she died not too long ago i understand..
am thinking she was possibly the inspiration for this film..
really looking forward to seeing the film..

This woman really did live on AlanBennett's drive for about 15 years.
Cannot find any record of a " play for today" type tv programme of it.
I clearly remember the painting if the van, the yellow and grey.
I will wonder for the rest of the day......

OP
OP
wizzer59
Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Wow. Think he would let me park in his drive, please? Could solve my immediate problems.. :) Look forward to that one.

Put out a plea on the forum Joy, I sure there are plenty of funsters with room for you :D Just not me, I barely have a garden let alone a drive:doh: get a few takers and you could have a different view every night:laughing:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013

We saw the trailer for the film at cinema a few months ago, could this be it Hollyberry?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back