Free Member
Aug 25, 2014
Andover
MH
Looking
Exp
Newbie - 15 years tin tenting
o_O

We seem to be struggling to find the van we want - so much so that I'm beginning to think it may not exist !

We're looking at new (but that may change if the only options cost megabucks !)

Important points:

Low profile i.e. no overcab bed
Full bathroom i.e. a proper shower, toilet with some space & no tilting/sliding sinks
Useable seating area while bed in use with with access to all facilities

The rest we may compromise on (Unless somebody changes her mind)

Any suggestions ?

PS
Is it my eyes or are the layouts pics on some manufacturers websites virtually useless ?

Thanks all !

:D

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
MH
autotrail
Exp
We bought new in 2011,,,,Autoquest 155 but changed it for a 08 Autotrail last year,,as the 155 with the fixed bed wasnt for us,,,so i would say look at used vans too, as you might just drop on the right one ,,,,,:)

Reactions: GJH

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
it appears you want a panel van conversion rather than a coach build and there are loads out there to match your needs. As a first van however maybe a secondhand one will not lose as much money when you decide the layout is not quite what you thought it should be.

Reactions: GJH
OP
Predictable Bob

Predictable Bob

Free Member
Aug 25, 2014
Andover
MH
Looking
Exp
Newbie - 15 years tin tenting
o_O

I presumed that the panel vans would be a bit short on space ? I've been mainly looking at Coachbuilt and A class but most of the ones I've seen have been fixed beds which is a definite no-no - our current caravan is a fixed bed and it's pretty much wasted space !

:unsure:

WAG2CRU

Free Member
May 31, 2012
Argyll
MH
Hymer B654SL Star Edition
Exp
since2012
Don't dismiss the fixed bed, but you haven't set a budget, its always a compromise but, I personally believe after extensive research that the Hymer b654 layout takes a lot of beating. "other brands are available".

SMC Motorhomes Newark
RoadPro
Johns Cross
Safeguard Motorhome Insurance
Rhino Installs
Friendly professional service from qualified technicians
Free Club Stickers
Dave Newell Leisure Vehicle Services