Looking without success so far ...

Discussion in 'Motorhome Help for the Beginner' started by Predictable Bob, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Predictable Bob

Predictable Bob

Ratings:
    +1
    o_O

We seem to be struggling to find the van we want - so much so that I'm beginning to think it may not exist !

We're looking at new (but that may change if the only options cost megabucks !)

Important points:

Low profile i.e. no overcab bed
    Full bathroom i.e. a proper shower, toilet with some space & no tilting/sliding sinks
    Useable seating area while bed in use with with access to all facilities

The rest we may compromise on (Unless somebody changes her mind)

Any suggestions ?

PS
    Is it my eyes or are the layouts pics on some manufacturers websites virtually useless ?

Thanks all !

:D

2. sean n maggie

sean n maggie

Ratings:
    +341
    We bought new in 2011,,,,Autoquest 155 but changed it for a 08 Autotrail last year,,as the 155 with the fixed bed wasnt for us,,,so i would say look at used vans too, as you might just drop on the right one ,,,,,:)

• Like it Like it x 1
  3. Wildman

Wildman

Ratings:
    +8,656
    it appears you want a panel van conversion rather than a coach build and there are loads out there to match your needs. As a first van however maybe a secondhand one will not lose as much money when you decide the layout is not quite what you thought it should be.

• Like it Like it x 1
  4. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +40,976
    What about the Burstner range? Seems a very similar layout to our 11 year t625 Harmony.

• Like it Like it x 1
  5. Predictable Bob

Predictable Bob

Ratings:
    +1
    o_O

I presumed that the panel vans would be a bit short on space ? I've been mainly looking at Coachbuilt and A class but most of the ones I've seen have been fixed beds which is a definite no-no - our current caravan is a fixed bed and it's pretty much wasted space !

:unsure:

6. WAG2CRU

WAG2CRU

Ratings:
    +500
    Don't dismiss the fixed bed, but you haven't set a budget, its always a compromise but, I personally believe after extensive research that the Hymer b654 layout takes a lot of beating. "other brands are available".

7. catspyjamas

catspyjamas Funster

Ratings:
    +854
    I've just fallen for a very nice Hymer B584 which seems to fit your bill. But I got there first :rofl::rofl::rofl:

• Like it Like it x 1