Free Member
Apr 19, 2009
Isle of Wight Hampshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
25 years
After some advice please,after hours of searching internet finally found Rv we like and fits our budget.Fleetwood flair pusher year 1996,also georgie boy 1991 front engine,are front engine Rvs noisy when sat next to engine? both priced at around 12/15 grand missed a Fleetwood flair last week 1996 sold for 11grand.Any funsters out there had experience with these Rvs, also any thoughts on buying prices.Regards Bruce Debbie Burge.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
We had an Allegro 26 RV with Chevy 6.5l v8 diesel up front .It was very noisy, part of the reason why we sold it and got the Hurricane petrol/LPG. Its front engine Ford Triton v10, its quiet and has stacks of power.

Griffs

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
SOUTH WALES
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2007
rv

Got to agree with larry we bought our first petrol vehicle about 6 weeks ago and i am very impressed so quiet and i have had deisels for a long time (cars vans rvs)etc.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
I've just sold my Front Engine Diesel Damon Daybreak. Yes it was noisy when cold but as soon as it warmed up it was not a problem, we did 20'000 miles in it and loved it and only sold it because we wanted something smaller and better suited to touring. I have a 36ft A class in USA with a V8 Vortec and at 60mph it's no different noise wise than the Damon diesel was. I would buy another Front Engine Diesel without hesitation.

superk

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Devon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion now sold
Exp
8 years
Just to muddy the waters a little you indicated the Flair had the diesel at the rear - noise will be very different to a diesel engine at the front - most of the up front engines were made for the UK market - the Americans think them an anachronism (although there has been a reversion to the idea very recently in the US).

Most high end RVs or coaches are diesel pushers and as a result diesel pushers cost more than entry-level petrol fuelled front engined RVs. Nevertheless a front-engined petrol RV will serve you very well.

Best to go and take a look and have a test drive - there will be many other factors to consider.

:Smile:
Keith

superk

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Devon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion now sold
Exp
8 years
Hi again Bruce

It just occurred to me that strong advocates of the Flair are Barry and Margaret Willimason.

They started full time travelling in 1995 in a 27-foot American Four Winds, written about 20 illustrated travel articles for the MMM (Motorhome Motorcaravan Monthly), the UK's premier magazine in its field. The text of many of these articles is reproduced in this website. We now act as the MMM's voluntary Travel Consultants in the following areas: Long-term Motorhoming in Mainland Europe; Albania; Bulgaria; Croatia; Romania; Slovenia and Balkan Routes to Greece.

The point is that in the Summer of 2007 after all that experience they changed their MH to a Fleetwood Flair and have lived in it since undertaking major long-term travels across Europe and beyond and speak very highly of it.

MagBaz Travels

:Smile:
Keith

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bashers

Free Member
Mar 21, 2009
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
3! Been boating for years. Now just bought an RV
I've got a front engined 6.8l Diesel and when crusing its quite quiet.
It only roars when the cooling fan kicks in after a hill climb, my god thats noisy - or powerful - one of the two.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back