Looking to buy a cheap MH in Spain & change my life :) (1 Viewer)

CatInAHat

Free Member
Jun 27, 2016
Spain
Funster No
MH
Looking to buy
Exp
With a friends MH for 5 years
Hi everyone,

I'm Cat, and after 6 years of borrowing a lovely friends MH (and loving every motorhoming minute!) I just have to have one - and after a lot of time in Spain - I would like to live there. Big changes, very exciting!!

I need to find a cheap (but quite large) motorhome in Spain - one that is already Spanish registered (I have been reading on forums what a costly nightmare it is to re-register a UK one in Spain - and that it would have to be less than 10 years old, which I can no way afford). I am planning to spend at least a year or two living in the MH day to day - so really has to be Spanish reg, and big enough for 2 adults and medium dog.

So, if anyone on here knows of a dealer who may have older models or any private sellers in Spain - please please let me know! Ideally in the south - but anywhere really - as it will be the starting point for

Any other general advice is appreciated. And thanks for having me :)

All the best to you all,

Cat

kcy

Free Member
Nov 7, 2013
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chausson flash
Exp
since 2012
Sounds like a fun idea, welcome:hiya:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Are you on Facebook ?? Usually see them on local selling sites or check the web for local dealers..
Find storage places and check them out..

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
hello smiley.gif

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello :pink:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Welcome! @gus-lopez is probably well able to advise you, especially on the legal aspects of registering the vehicle etc, but do you have a permanent address in Spain? Without one it is difficult though not impossible to do want you plan in the UK but perhaps Spain is different and it can be done without a permanent address.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Assuming you live in Spain you'd need an nie number . In some areas also a 'padron' which is similar to being registered on the electoral roll in the UK.Might be an idea tomention in what area /region you are. :welc:

Jun 23, 2011
Pedreguer, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2011
The rules vary depending on which province you are in, but I´m pretty sure that you´ll need an address in Spain, and a Spanish bank account. In our area (Alicante) you need both to obtain an N.I.E. number and to register on the Padron, both of which are mandatory for registering a vehicle AFAIK.

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
The rules vary depending on which province you are in, but I´m pretty sure that you´ll need an address in Spain, and a Spanish bank account. In our area (Alicante) you need both to obtain an N.I.E. number and to register on the Padron, both of which are mandatory for registering a vehicle AFAIK.

Agree.(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back