Looking for wildcamping sites in Bolton and Manchester area (1 Viewer)

Xaba

Free Member
Sep 8, 2018
Funster No
MH
Arto 69
Exp
Since 2000
Hi, we are going down to Bolton and then Manchester this week and prefer to go wild camping rather than to sites. Does anyone have any suggestions of good places to wild camp in and around Bolton and Manchester please?

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
You probably not view it as wilding, but we once over-nighted about two years ago with permission in the car park of The Chetham Arms in Churchtown about 20 minutes north of Bolton 53.637897, -2.405101 when our daughter lived in the village.

Untitled.jpg

Our daughter says it is a nightmare to park anywhere in Bolton itself, day or night.

Deleted User
Lots of moors around Bolton and Manchester I am sure you could find somewhere to park for nothing.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Baileysbus

Free Member
Aug 2, 2016
Fife
Funster No
Exp
Start of 2016
Ah blimey, Turton Bottoms there's a blast from the past. Used to be a pub near there called the Strawberry Duck :) Used to have the odd pint there when 17 ish :rolleyes:
Don't have the knowledge to do the fancy map stuff and I don't know for certain you can use them but there are 2 old tithe barns (upper and lower) on the way to Rivington village. The road to the upper barn was always open in my day. There's a good cafe at the lower barn (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back