Looking For The Next One (2 Viewers)

Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
We spent a nice weekend in Peterborough considering whether we would change our motorhome next year and if so what would we go for. So we have come up with a list of wants. Needless to say we didn't find anything on show that fits all these
1. Under 6.5 metres
2. Fixed bed (French or transverse). We don't want to climb ladders so a lowish level bed.
3. Garage with enough space to store two ebikes (folded flat or upright with the handlebars down and seat removed. ). If a French bed it needs a large external access door.
4. A grill and/or oven. Not eye level but below worktop height.
5. A reasonable lounge area preferably with a removeable table.
6. Price up to £35k

We currently have a 5.6 metre Autocruise Starfire. Next year when we retire we expect to have much longer peiods away and think making up the bed each night could become tedious. Also we'd like to keep the bikes (which we don't have yet!) inside.

Do any Funsters have something along these lines?Not for sale but just so we know what models to consider.

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Don't know what van will fit your needs but I think you have two conflicting requirements here:
You want a garage big enough to fit two bikes but want a low level bed.
From bitter experience of fitting bikes into a garage I beleieve you will need a decently large garage which precludes a low bed and I don't think they will fit under a french bed at all.
Happy hunting though, it's worth spending the time to find the right layout

OP
OP
stevec
Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
These are folding bikes with 20 inch wheels. Not done any measurements but one with handlebars folded down and seat removed will be a lot lower and may fit. Otherwise it will have to be folded and laid flat. Thats why I mentioned needing a largish external access door if a French bed. We did see a couple of MHs with doors like this but both had high level grills.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back