Looking for new satellite dish (1 Viewer)

Jul 10, 2016
hucknall
Funster No
MH
Swift bolero 712sb
Exp
10 years
My snipe dish has given up. Sounded like a bag of nails for ages and was getting stuck, took it down and had a look but I think its dead. To honest I was shocked at how the paint on it had come away ,its only 2 years old, rang where i got it from in Wales but they've stopped selling and repairing them.

So looking for recommends, Defford not a snipe had 3 and both rubbish. have looked at roadpro's dishes (alden)and they look ok with decent 5 year warranty. Has anyone bought one from Germany or Italy these look good and cheap,around 650

There's a camos on ebay for 350 whats these like?

Only looking to spend 1k or less ,

Oct 27, 2017
Burntwood, Staffs.
Funster No
MH
2013 Autocruise Accent
Exp
Since 2013
My snipe dish has given up. Sounded like a bag of nails for ages and was getting stuck, took it down and had a look but I think its dead. To honest I was shocked at how the paint on it had come away ,its only 2 years old, rang where i got it from in Wales but they've stopped selling and repairing them.

So looking for recommends, Defford not a snipe had 3 and both rubbish. have looked at roadpro's dishes (alden)and they look ok with decent 5 year warranty. Has anyone bought one from Germany or Italy these look good and cheap,around 650

There's a camos on ebay for 350 whats these like?

Only looking to spend 1k or less ,
I have an excellent Automatic Camos CSA-1400P complete with a new dome, control box, new and unused tuner, and mounting feet from roadpro. I can pm you with further details, if required.

Jan 1, 2019
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B704 PL
Exp
Since 2017
Hi Cookie,
Just a query but why buy a satellite system. I have a fancy one on my new motorhome but don’t use it.
I use either a Roku stick or Firestick and link to my phone or mi-fi (with good data package)
I personally think satellite systems are going ‘old hat’
Just something to consider.
All the best
Toady

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
cookie
Jul 10, 2016
hucknall
Funster No
MH
Swift bolero 712sb
Exp
10 years
Hi Cookie,
Just a query but why buy a satellite system. I have a fancy one on my new motorhome but don’t use it.
I use either a Roku stick or Firestick and link to my phone or mi-fi (with good data package)
I personally think satellite systems are going ‘old hat’
Just something to consider.
All the best
Toady
How does this set up work ?

Jan 1, 2019
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B704 PL
Exp
Since 2017
Hi Cookie,
I would look at the numerous threads on here regarding mi-fi, data packages and how it all works. There are loads of reviews and guidance available.
For me, I plug the Roku stick into the hdmi on TV. The Roku stick links up to either my phone or Mi-Fi depending on which one I am using. I am then using 4G (SIM data package) to watch Netflix, Amazon, normal TV. Takes minutes to set up. I can use when travelling in UK and Europe. Brilliant!
I hope this helps.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back