Looking for MH storage in SE London or inner Kent area (1 Viewer)

MobWunderlust

Free Member
Mar 8, 2021
SE London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a brand newbie
Hi,
I'm hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction of a secure place or person who might be able to store my AutoQuest. I currently have it stored in Maidstone but am looking for somewhere closer to SE3 London.

In an ideal world it would be a place where I could do cleaning of the MH after trips, and also as I would like to rent it out to people on AirBNB, Camplify, Camptoo, etc - when I'm not using it, somewhere where I could do handover, etc (maybe using a company/agency to handle this).

I'm thinking this might be a unicorn of a request, but as an optimist I hoping someone out there might have a tip!

Thanks in advance!

Jun 13, 2020
Garden of England
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML T570
Woolmans Wood storage,
Broken Link Removed: Rochester Rd, Chatham ME5 9SB
Broken Link Removed: Broken Link Removed
When I looked into storing at this place it was £600 per year.

Nearer to you is the Abbey Wood CAMC site, but is known to be very expensive, and possibly has a waiting list.
These would be my preferred secure locations.

There are a couple of others on top of Brands Hatch.

If you struggle get back to me and I will get the details.

I don't know if they will accommodate any of your additional wishes re handovers etc.

OP
OP
MobWunderlust

MobWunderlust

Free Member
Mar 8, 2021
SE London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a brand newbie
Woolmans Wood storage,
Broken Link Removed: Rochester Rd, Chatham ME5 9SB
Broken Link Removed: Broken Link Removed
When I looked into storing at this place it was £600 per year.

Nearer to you is the Abbey Wood CAMC site, but is known to be very expensive, and possibly has a waiting list.
These would be my preferred secure locations.

There are a couple of others on top of Brands Hatch.

If you struggle get back to me and I will get the details.

I don't know if they will accommodate any of your additional wishes re handovers etc.
Cheers Wizz.
Yeh I've looked into Abbey Wood and you are correct - long waiting list, and they said no point to even join it as there are so many already waiting...
Your Rochester Rd option will check out in case they can offer the extra services, as it's not that much closer to where its parked now (close to Leeds Castle).
Appreciate the help mate.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
I'm in Woolman's wood and not sure if John would happy with the rental side of things, but worth the ask. On the side they have removed the bund by the airfield and putting more hard standing in.

OP
OP
MobWunderlust

MobWunderlust

Free Member
Mar 8, 2021
SE London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a brand newbie
I'm in Woolman's wood and not sure if John would happy with the rental side of things, but worth the ask. On the side they have removed the bund by the airfield and putting more hard standing in.
Cheers Dane. I'll try him again tomorrow - Friday he wasnt picking his phone

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Just noticed the land line is no longer used. I can PM anyone who wants the mobile No

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
MobWunderlust

MobWunderlust

Free Member
Mar 8, 2021
SE London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a brand newbie
Just an update for anyone reading this thread. Woolman's Wood storage does not allow for servicing your motorhome/caravan, etc by 3rd parties, and won't allow collection/drop-off by others. Shame - I thought that would be a common and reasonable offering to have for people. The search continues...

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Just an update for anyone reading this thread. Woolman's Wood storage does not allow for servicing your motorhome/caravan, etc by 3rd parties, and won't allow collection/drop-off by others. Shame - I thought that would be a common and reasonable offering to have for people. The search continues...
I'm not surprised, you have to appreciate that it is a secure site with keyfob for entry through the electric gate. They wouldn't know who was coming and going if you was trying to run a hire business from there.

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
There is a place at the top of wrotham hill out skirts of west kings down. There used to be a club there called the hill top it’s a caravan site and storage, again I don’t think it’s cheap.

Nov 24, 2017
Greater London
Funster No
MH
2021 Burstner TD680G
Exp
Camping , caravanning, campervaning for 10 years
I used 2 storage places by Brands Hatch for caravans. Never again. One was behind a garden nursery where my caravan was damaged, allegedly by caravan thieves who took another van out across a ditch and bank then open fields, likely story, and another at a campsite right on top of Wortham Hill, fence had huge gaps on it and storage area was used for burning plastic off wire and was covered in screws and nails etc after one trip away. 600 and 800 gbp respectively.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back