Looking for info on Mirage Giubleo A Class (1 Viewer)

Nov 8, 2015
Rakitnika, Varna, Bulgaria
Funster No
MH
Damon Daybreak RV
Exp
Now in fifth year and with American RV
I have been offered the above, year 2004, Merc base, in quite good condition and very low mileage at what I consider good price. Problem is I have to travel to Italy for viewing so I am trying to carry out due diligence, my research so far tells me that Mirage stopped trading around 2007, apparently they at some stage exported units to UK for internal fit out and sales thru their dealership(s) there, I believe they were marketed in UK as Mirage 600 despite being 7.5 metres long. I am happy with the limited reviews I have seen on the internet, in fact the Mirage marque seems to be well respected, what I am really looking for now is information from any owners - pos or neg - with particular emphasis on any weak points to be looking for. All help gratefully received.

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Hi, Mike , we had a 6000 year 2000 for a while, great van, very well equipped, only downside was the "old" Merc engine, only 120 hp so quite underpowered for the size of van. It would go anywhere, slowly!! I believe the later 5000 model were built on fiats, but have no real knowledge of them. If you got a 6000 with modern Merc mechanicals it would make a great van even better.
Hope this helps a bit,
Cheers, Dave(y)

OP
OP
Mike4727
Nov 8, 2015
Rakitnika, Varna, Bulgaria
Funster No
MH
Damon Daybreak RV
Exp
Now in fifth year and with American RV
Thanks for that Dave, this one has the later Merc 2.7 TD and is, apparently, quite spritely ( a pal of mine in Italy has test driven it ) I suppose I am really looking for any known weak points in the build / finishings bearing in mind the Mirage company is no longer around.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back