Looking for ideas for a rear U-shaped lounge Motorhome, <6.4m long (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
juwlz

juwlz

Free Member
Sep 30, 2008
Berkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Unfortunately, 6.4m is our absolute limit, and even that would require us to park touching the front wall of the house, and dodging a drain pipe!

Dognewf

Free Member
Nov 4, 2015
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
lunar newstar
Exp
1 whole year now
end of 2015 we bought the Lunar Newstar 580 for that sort of budget. Doesn't have external storage but does have the bulge at the front which we use for storage. Has a bike rack which we use to strap things to. 05 plate but it had only done 11k miles. 6m with rack. we use the two settees as beds, but can make it into a double if we feel like it.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
A right hand drive 534 will give you no vision when turning right and you need to look left. The wardrobe and loo blocks your view. This layout works better as a lhd.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
juwlz

juwlz

Free Member
Sep 30, 2008
Berkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
end of 2015 we bought the Lunar Newstar 580 for that sort of budget. Doesn't have external storage but does have the bulge at the front which we use for storage.
Thanks Dognewf - that (and the similar, but probably too new / too expensive Moonstar 580) have been added to my list of possible options. I do rather like the drawer and table in the centre at the back in the Newstar 580. And the overcab area doesn't bulge :D.

Thanks for the visibility warning re the RHD Hymer 534, @Theonlysue. We'll bear it in mind.

OP
OP
juwlz

juwlz

Free Member
Sep 30, 2008
Berkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Wow! I can't believe it's over 2 years since I started this thread.

It took a L-O-N-G time to get there, but we finally found our rear lounge motorhome at the weekend.

We found a W reg (2000) Autosleeper Legend. We'll collect it tomorrow. Avatar to be updated accordingly, and we'll look forward to giving it a shakedown trip :D.

Now to sell the Talisman - the offered trade-in price from the broker wasn't worth having.

AS Legend nearside.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back