Looking for EU type approval number (1 Viewer)

lute

Free Member
Mar 27, 2017
Puerto Real Spain
Funster No
MH
Tabbert FFB 680 Classic
Exp
Im a newbie from 20+ years of caravaning
Hi, I have a problem with a Tabbert now part of Knaus. In the engine compartment is a plate with all the vehicle weights on, the last line is titled TYP followed By MC 38XA, could this be an EU type approval number. I'm looking for the type number, i'm trying to import the mh from Holland to Spain and 11 months down the road the engineers are insisting on this type approval, I have chassis number and all the weights but it getting frustrating now, Ive been in touch with Knaus, they have no information for me, what do you guys think?

Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
You need the certificate of conformity (CoC) which will outline the type approval etc. This is like a passport for a MH, could it be within all the gubbins that come with the van?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
What year is it, as pre 2006 (I think) Motorhomes didn't have a Certificate of Conformity and that is about the only place you will get it from.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
L

lute

Free Member
Mar 27, 2017
Puerto Real Spain
Funster No
MH
Tabbert FFB 680 Classic
Exp
It took Fiat 6 months to tell me they have no information on the vehicle, the laboratories, as they call it here, want some more info. and my engineer, who is responsible for measuring the m/h hasn't told me what it is, but is waiting for a certificate from Fiat, again ........and tomorrow I'm having a face to face with him. Fingers crossed

Thanks for your input

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
It took Fiat 6 months to tell me they have no information on the vehicle, the laboratories, as they call it here, want some more info. and my engineer, who is responsible for measuring the m/h hasn't told me what it is, but is waiting for a certificate from Fiat, again ........and tomorrow I'm having a face to face with him. Fingers crossed

Thanks for your input
Might be when you are speaking to the gestoria you ask him why there are any problems as EU rules state that a motorhome , or any vehicle, already registered in another EU state , even if a 'grey' import, cannot be refused or asked for any additional information. It is assumed under EU rules that to be registered in Holland it complied originally with the European union homologation requirements & therefore should just be re-registered on to Spanish plates.
11 months ?? I'd have been asking for for the complaint forms after a week.

OP
OP
L

lute

Free Member
Mar 27, 2017
Puerto Real Spain
Funster No
MH
Tabbert FFB 680 Classic
Exp
Thanks for that info Gus-Lopez, I'll be bringing that up with the gestor tomorrow. I did ask why there was a problem with a vehicle that's been running around Europe legally for more than 20 years, but I was told it was the laboratory in Madrid that was asking for more info.

OP
OP
L

lute

Free Member
Mar 27, 2017
Puerto Real Spain
Funster No
MH
Tabbert FFB 680 Classic
Exp
Gus-Lopez, can you tell me the EU regulation so I can go fully armed to my meeting ,
Thanks

OP
OP
L

lute

Free Member
Mar 27, 2017
Puerto Real Spain
Funster No
MH
Tabbert FFB 680 Classic
Exp
Following on with my saga trying to register my M/home in Spain, the thing that seems to be a sticking point is the little plate that goes in the engine compartment, from the original fiat ducato, I have a one from Tabbart with the weights on and only that. I have the vin on the chassis.
I know I can have one made but I don't know what, other than the vin number, needs to go on the plate.
Is there anyone who could send me photo or sketch of the plate with the information needed for 1995 2.5 TD ducato less your vin of course. I would be very grateful for any help. EU law will not allow import with just registration documents from another country. There is no C.of C. on older M/homes.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Following on with my saga trying to register my M/home in Spain, the thing that seems to be a sticking point is the little plate that goes in the engine compartment, from the original fiat ducato, I have a one from Tabbart with the weights on and only that. I have the vin on the chassis.
I know I can have one made but I don't know what, other than the vin number, needs to go on the plate.
Is there anyone who could send me photo or sketch of the plate with the information needed for 1995 2.5 TD ducato less your vin of course. I would be very grateful for any help. EU law will not allow import with just registration documents from another country. There is no C.of C. on older M/homes.
Sorry missed previous post due to travelling. Not at home so no access to find the eu directive.

Plate should look like this.

0-02-04-5e96709d6a7fe21f9563830e27a593bd5dfd098a74b122b65fc235a097f7d565_full.jpg

top line should read the same
next line I have no idea
Third is the chassis ( bastidor) number
fourth = maximum authorised mas ( PMA , peso maxima autorisado )
fifth=maximum train weight ( can't remember in spanish )
sixth = 1- front axle maximum weight
seventh=2- rear axle maximum weight
eighth = motore is type of engine designation. You need someone who has same engine to post what it says here.
ninth = is the version /model number & code

hope this helps

OP
OP
L

lute

Free Member
Mar 27, 2017
Puerto Real Spain
Funster No
MH
Tabbert FFB 680 Classic
Exp
Thanks gus-lopez,
thats great. The second line, I believe is the EU emmisions type approval,its too old for that anyway.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back