Looking for advice on a TV bracket. (1 Viewer)

May 8, 2021
Bedford, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph792F
Exp
Since June 2021
Hi all, Im looking to fit a tv bracket so I can free up the counter it currently resides on when using it (lays flat on the bed when travelling)
so, I want to fit one that locks in place so it wont move about when travelling but do people leave the tv on the bracket when travelling? Im worried that maybe it will be too heavy or rattly? Or are they designed to handle it?

Last edited:

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Rather than opening up the enclosed channel by removing the screws (which you don't want to do) could you remove the sockets (surround clips off and they're held in place by a couple of screws) - make sure all power is off and get your fingers \ a ring spanner up the inside of the channel to then bolt a bracket through the face just above the sockets? You'd need to check the "drop" on the TV from bracket to bottom of TV to make sure it would have enough clearance.

We've got the bracket (BTV112) fixed to our TV and we travel with it in situ. This bracket won't work for yourself but they do a single arm version of it as well (BTV113). You'd need to watch the extra leverage the arm would give on the fixing though.

Edit : forgot to add they also do desk mounted versions that you could maybe attached to the "door" side of the cabinet?

and a ceiling mounted version but you'd need to watch the weight strain on the locker.

Attachments

• BTV112.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 14
  • BTV113 (2016).pdf
    3.6 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:
OP
OP
PaulC70
May 8, 2021
Bedford, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph792F
Exp
Since June 2021
Ooooh not thought of that. More research needed 👍

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Your problem might be finding a good enough mounting. Walls and bulkheads are not necessarily solid nor strong enough to take significant weight and anything on a cantilever creates a big increase in the forces applied.
Where such brackets are fitted as standard, I expect there t be some hidden strengthening but that is likely to be lacking elsewhere to save weight.

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
See link below taken from another thread. I 'invented' this solution and it works great for me....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back