Looking for adria twin,old shape or new?advice, experience of please ! (1 Viewer)

Pete v

Free Member
Sep 22, 2019
Axminster
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Moving on from years of camper van
Hi all, first post and hoping its in the right section. I am looking for advice on potential purchase of an adria twin. My budget will only run to a max of 20 k so realistically looking at late model (04,05,06) 2.3 or 2.8 ltr old shape ducato adria twin or the newer model (07,08) with the 2.2 or 2.3 ltr engine. Both vans would suit us and i like the older van as it is that bit shorter and fits a parking space whereas the later model l3h2 at 6mtrs is really just that bit longer for small towns and car parks.looking for advice re reliability,mpg and driveability between the two models. I have driven the older 2.3 and thought it might struggle a bit on long contenental trips and be thirsty,not seen one yet advertised with cab aircon and they are starting to show corrosion to the sills etc.i am starting to think i may be better off buying a later model l2 h2 ducato with a more economical 2.3 engine and air con as standard and doing a self conversion. The reason i am considering the mwb over the lwb ducato is i could use this as a daily drive in the uk in my job as a self employed handyman(tools only).lwb just too big for small local towns like lyme regis.
I think what i am looking for is advice from anyone who has moved from the older ducato to the newer model and has an opinion on the merits of both but advice welcome from all particularly if you made it to the end of this post without dozing off. . .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back