Looking for a temporary place around the Manchester area. (3 Viewers)

Nov 22, 2020
London
Funster No
MH
Auto Roller 746
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi all,

We're new here to the forums and also new to full-timing; new to motorhoming as well to be honest. Things always seem to be like London buses in our family :LOL:

Anyway, I digress. We've recently sold our house, hence the move to a motorhome, and we're on the lookout for a house in Manchester (currently in London). I was hoping some of you might know of a place for full-timers in the Manchester area - it'll only be temporary, hopefully for a month or so.

Cheers,
Abd'your-Rahman

Oct 19, 2020
Funster No
MH
don't own one yet
Exp
i'm a newbie
I occasionally drive past a small site just outside of Manchester, Piethorne Valley Camping Site, Huddersfield Road, Newhey. I don't know what the prices are or even if it's open at the mo because of Covid but might be worth a try.

OP
OP
ByronMH
Nov 22, 2020
London
Funster No
MH
Auto Roller 746
Exp
I'm a newbie
I occasionally drive past a small site just outside of Manchester, Piethorne Valley Camping Site, Huddersfield Road, Newhey. I don't know what the prices are or even if it's open at the mo because of Covid but might be worth a try.
Thanks, I'll look that one up

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Have you thought of joining either of the two 'big clubs' .....find out which sites they have that are open and will accept you on site and then join ...

OP
OP
ByronMH
Nov 22, 2020
London
Funster No
MH
Auto Roller 746
Exp
I'm a newbie
Have you thought of joining either of the two 'big clubs' .....find out which sites they have that are open and will accept you on site and then join ...
Thanks, I had thought of that briefly, but thought it might be too late for me now as it's middle of lockdown. I suppose it's worth getting in touch and giving it a go.

Deleted User
Lane End Farm CS at Heywood is a C&CC small site, limited facilities but convenient, we have used it for years at various times since selling up in 2008.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
I'm afraid your nearest CAMC site is Chapel Lane at Birmingham. Burrs Country park is unfortunately closed at the mo.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back