Looking for a perfect spot.......... (1 Viewer)

mandymops

Free Member
Apr 2, 2012
Streatham
Funster No
MH
bedford rascal nipper
Exp
I'm a newbie
We are off for our first MH trip next Saturday and would welcome suggestions for a site. We would like a level site within sight and pottering distance of a dog friendly beach. Some shade and a not too challenging approach would be good (I have a 970cc engine and seemingly,no suspension.:winky:) A nearby, dog friendly pub would be a bonus::bigsmile:. We prefer sites which only take tents and motorhomes. Basic is good-no need for EHU or fancy facilities. A field with a tap would be fine.Does such a place exist outside of my imagination? Help please?

OP
OP
mandymops

mandymops

Free Member
Apr 2, 2012
Streatham
Funster No
MH
bedford rascal nipper
Exp
I'm a newbie
you have just described our campsite in Devon, but suspect it may be a bit too far from you for a first trip.

Not at all. Do you have a website or is there anywhere else i could see pics and do you have space on the jubilee weekend?:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
We've been here since 1st of May.... thoroughly enjoyed the stay which sadly is going to have to come to an end tomorrow. Brilliant access, flat, easy to find, buses past the site for Woolacombe, Ilfracombe etc. Dogs not with us so we haven't checked out 'dog-friendliness' of local pubs etc.

We'll certainly be coming back as often as possible.

:thumb:

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
this is the best spot for dog friendly beech and pub .marver holiday park mawgan porth nr newquay cornwall post coad TR8 4BB tel 01637 860493 :thumb::thumb::thumb:

2dogs

Free Member
Nov 2, 2011
Devon
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythm
Exp
Spring 2012
Where is your site Wildman? sounds close enough for us for
at least weekends away.

Cheers
2dogs

OP
OP
mandymops

mandymops

Free Member
Apr 2, 2012
Streatham
Funster No
MH
bedford rascal nipper
Exp
I'm a newbie
wildman's site

Hi Wildman,
How long would it take to walk to the beach?

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
When we want somewhere quiet, we go to Folkestone C&CC, overlooking the channel with lots of walks, only tents and campervans.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I have to be very careful here as until I am registered as a fun CFL Jim iis not happy for me to advertise. But I will try to answer as many queries as possible. 1) we are on the woolacombe road just outside of Ilfracombe. There is more information and photos of a few rallies here last summer.

Details also under wildies birthday bash April this year. There are numerous beaches around the area some allow dogs and some not it is about 3 miles to the beach but a bus passes the site. there is a dog friendly pub 800 yards from the site you will see it at the roundabout as you arrive. hopefully Next weekend we shall be a CFL so no problem I hope Jim. currently no one booked in at all, should a number of you want to come why not put it in the rally calender and make an official meet of it (and cheaper for funsters that way as well as long as at least 8 vans turn up).

OP
OP
mandymops

mandymops

Free Member
Apr 2, 2012
Streatham
Funster No
MH
bedford rascal nipper
Exp
I'm a newbie
What's a CFL? Sorry but I'm not up to scratch on the lingo yet.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
What's a CFL? Sorry but I'm not up to scratch on the lingo yet.

Certified "Fun" Location

CL Certified Location

CS Certified Site all references subject to which club you belong to.

Caravan Club (CC) or Camping and Caravan Club (C&CC)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back