Looking For A Nice Quiet Lake In Switzerland (1 Viewer)

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
We're having a grand time Lac de Serre-Poncon an thinking of spending a few days in Switzerland on the way home.

So, we're looking for a nice quiet campsite by a nice lake. We both hate towns and busy places.

Don't want Aires as we are not on a budget. A nice place is worth paying for
So, waddya reckon ?

Cheers

Voyger1010

Free Member
Oct 25, 2013
UK
Funster No
You could try Camping Sempach, Sempachersee, off the E35, it's right on the lakeside, busy in high season, like most sites, It is a family site so maybe not quiet enough for you, but depends when your coming back. There is the small town of Sempach which in walking distance, interesting place, famous for its bloody battle.
http://en.camping.info/switzerland/central-switzerland/tcs-camping-sempach-17189
hope it helps

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Look at Lake Sarnen, midway between Lucerne and Interlaken ! A google search will probably offer info on campsites !!! Just done it myself, result !!!!!!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
moses1.jpg moses1.jpg moses2.jpg The clue is in the pictures. No lake but a nice stream. And, apart from cow bells, so quiet you'll wonder if your hearing aid batteries have failed.

( not got the hang of thumbnails yet )

Another clue:
https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Le...+Lècherette,+Les+Mosses,+Switzerland&t=h&z=18

Attachments

• moses3.jpg
    moses3.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 14
  • moses4.jpg
    moses4.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I toured Switzerland and ended up back at our favourite little village called Brienz, not far from Interlaken.

When I went there many years ago with the school I was told it was the wood carving capital of Switzerland, loads of small sites and spectacular views.

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Look at Lake Sarnen, midway between Lucerne and Interlaken ! A google search will probably offer info on campsites !!! Just done it myself, result !!!!!!!!
OMG ',,,,,,,,,,, look at the prices ! No way am I returning to the Gnomes of Zurich land !!!!!:swear2::swear2::swear2:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
being an astronaut, why not look out the window for somewhere suitable to land

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
failing to find a quiet lake you will have to bring the wife home and look for a new flyover being built. Seek out a glopeda glopeda machine, hee hee

ojibway

Free Member
Jul 17, 2012
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005
We stayed in Rolle a few years ago - http://www.campingrolle.ch/indexE.html
Rolle is on the Swiss shore of Lake Geneva and the site is beautiful. We had a pitch 3 meters from the waterfront with views across to France and the alps. You can take the train to Lausanne , Nyon, Geneva, Montreux.
Another site we stayed on is just outside Lausanne - Link Removed - which may not be the quietest of places but it is right on the lakeside and you can cycle/walk to Lausanne from where you can take the http://www.cgn.ch/ boat to various ports along lake Geneva or just do an excursion on the boat seeing Yvoire, Chateau de Chillon, etc

Have a great trip!
Michael and Annie:cool::)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back