looking for a new slide-camper-demountable (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Link Removed

and

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hi Waymard, You will have your work cut out finding one the same size and speck as the one you sold.
I know Sundowners have one,but dont know if its for sale.
Mabe its better to import from the States with the strong Euro your in a good position to buy anywhere outside the Euro zone.

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Forget trying to find anything like that in the UK. Im afraid its a trip to the USA for you young man!!! :thumb:
In the meantime have a look on here Link Removed (excuse the really dreadful music :Doh:)

We visited them last year and they bent over backwards to help (but then again dont all Americans??), we didnt buy but went looking for inspiration for the camper i am in the process of designing and building.

Shipping costs seems to be quite high but without a trcuk to shift them around I would imagine they are a bit of a nightmare to move around the world :cry:

Just read the post header again. Can you clarify are you wanting a truck camper with a slide out or just a plain truck camper without a slide out??

Standard campers are available in the UK but if your looking for one with a slide out its off to the USA im afraid,

OP
OP
weymard

weymard

Free Member
Jan 25, 2009
CHERBOURG NORMANDY
Funster No
MH
US TRUCK CAMPER
Exp
I thought to buy a big camper, with slide or not, (precision : slide-camper is the full name in USA for the demountables ::bigsmile:).
I have my new truck a ford F450 diesel as he can carry heavy weight I thought to change for a biggest camper.

I thought that it was possible in UK to find a big camper, so I must import, that's a bull....t, I imported my "old" camper and know the price of the shipping :Angry: even with the "strong" euros (which is not so strong ....:cry:)

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I thought to buy a big camper, with slide or not, (precision : slide-camper is the full name in USA for the demountables ::bigsmile:).
I have my new truck a ford F450 diesel as he can carry heavy weight I thought to change for a biggest camper.
How on earth did you get the truck registered in France.
I gave up trying to get my truck registered when I lived there.

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Try Niche Marketing - Manby - Lincolnshire Greg & Peter - they do a selection - do not know if they do ones with slide outs or if they can get them. Worth a phone call 01507 327172

eclaire

Free Member
Jul 24, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
hello everyone - now put a deposit on one - a 93 brave :-}
thanks for all the advice
claire:-}

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi Weymard
You will be VERY lucky to find a larger truck-camper in England----None of the dealers will have them, Are you looking for new or second hand ???? Ours is 11 ft with 1 slide.
What is the bed length of your new truck ? I am like Snowbird and amazed that you can make it legal in France-----------------------have they changed the rules ?????????????????
We WILL meet up------can you get to the show at Peterborough this year ?? We SHOULD have our new 5er there--------then off to the 'States for a few months,
we are looking for a smaller TC and diesel Dodge to take a road trip including Alaska--thats why the SMALLER camper.
Sold our business -------now retired, sooooooooooo much to see.
Best of luck with your search---------prices VERY high even though we are supposed to be in difficult times !!!!!!!!!!
Nigel & Pamala

OP
OP
weymard

weymard

Free Member
Jan 25, 2009
CHERBOURG NORMANDY
Funster No
MH
US TRUCK CAMPER
Exp
As I wrote, it will be legal as class C license driver.
My bed is a 8", do you sale you truck camper ? If yes, PM me , perhaps I will be interested.
Do'nt know if I can go to Peterborough, wife must go to Russia this month for family business, at this this time the future is uncertain !

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi Weymard
We had not thought about selling ours, but we intend to buy one in US for our 'road trip' If we sell ours we will get one to use in Europe as well, if we keep ours we will buy one just for the trip (it would be much smaller, suitable for a smaller truck) We will be bringing a truck back.
I think that the one you had was new, ours was bought new 2004. We are second owners.
If you want the info on it, pm us (or come to Peterborough:ROFLMAO:) We would have to know if you wanted it before we go to US. It is Fleetwood Elkhorn 11J---with built-in genny, air con etc.etc
We would love to come over to see you before we go, but we know we will be unable to, we will be going to Portugal next winter, so could make it then, if you are around.
Nigel & Pamala

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back