Aug 10, 2014
Hyde, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Voyager 2 coachbui
Exp
Hi again. Just been to see this one

Broken Link Removed

Bit of rot in the front left of the luton. But no more than 6" spread. High moisture reading in the bottom of the wall in the shower area. But structure is still solid. Other than that I can't see anything that I couldn't sort out myself. Do you think it's good for the price?

Thanks in advance

Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
Looks like a fair price to me, there is one here for comparison Broken Link Removed

Presume you will ensure that the seller actually owns it & that it's HP clear etc.?

Upvote 0
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I would have thought it might be nearer to ÂŁ4K, but based on simbadogs link I would appear to be wrong

If they didn't point out the issues you have found definitely use them to try for a discount though if you go any further

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
Machzone's were always very well constructed, Built in Nottingham.
It still appears to be in good condition inside, but you need to be sure of the ingress of moisture, and the cost of repair, before going any further.
Is there any moisture readings around the windows and in the cabinets?
Have you taken it for a test drive, if so how does it sound?
Will you be repairing it your self, or contracting the work out, that will be costly.
Are there any signs of seal failure on the outside wall and roof?

As I have said, they were very well constructed, and moisture ingress makes me cautious. Proceed with caution and good luck.

Upvote 0

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Hi
Not sure where you are based but if you can easily get to Glens Autos then it's certainly an experience.

Lots of Machzones when we were there - friends had recommended this place and told us they will do a deal.

Think one up from Steptoes Yard :D and lots of old motorbikes in the inside unit at the front if that's your thing(y)

Not for us but our friends on a tight budget think they're great....

Upvote 0
OP
OP
TheDeckKing

TheDeckKing

Free Member
Aug 10, 2014
Hyde, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Voyager 2 coachbui
Exp
I'm near Manchester so a few hours to Glenns. I might have a drive out if I have no luck locally.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
If you do come this way it may be worth you calling at Oaktree as well just near Ikea, j26 of the M1 on the A610 - they have the older mohos round the back, behind the service unit.

Guessing they are about 5 miles apart.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back