looking at a autograph 745 2016 (1 Viewer)

jonjoe

Free Member
Aug 26, 2017
Wallasey
Funster No
Exp
Newbie looking for first MH
Hi John and Debs here,

We are lookng at possibly buying an Autograph 745 2016 model. Do any of you MHF peeps have any tips.
This ill be our first MH.

Thanks in anticipation,

J&D

John Stanton

Free Member
Jul 11, 2017
Chipping Campden
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 (Heap of crap)
Exp
10 years
I am biased maybe but keep on looking (y)

Strange thing to say ... depends entirely on their criteria surely ? Or is this yet another swipe at British manufacturers by one of the Hymer gang because it is "de rigeur" ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
We loved ours when we had it, but really appreciate the narrower Motorhome we have now. There is loads of lovely space in the Bailey but of course the laws of physics (or geometry?) dictate that to have that space the body has to be bigger, and that means wider. It's not a problem really when you get used to it but it makes driving down country lanes an interesting experience!

The Alde heating is wonderful and the kitchen is very good. Beware the sharp edges of the Alde radiators though, especially when loading things in the outside cupboard under the bed. Be prepared for a few fittings to fall off (easily fixed) and the external sealant will get mucky as it doesn't set. Enjoy!

Sep 18, 2010
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Benimar 486 tessoro
Exp
2010?
We have a Bailey , luv it can’t beat all that extra space, wonderful, we had a tick list and it ticked all our boxes.
Regarding little extra width, be a bit more careful that’s all you really do get used to it not a problem at all
Go for it

DigglyDog

Free Member
Jan 25, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 620 SE
Exp
I am biased maybe but keep on looking
Strange thing to post considering the op's byline...
Anywho, we have a Bailey - it's well put together, reliable and suits us down to the ground. Yes, we've had extra things done like AS and hab aircon, but you can't go wrong for comfort and space.
The only problem we have is with other people not realising just how wide it is and not really making enough space for it on narrowish roads, but you learn to live with it and turn the internal mike of the dash cam off...
Most important, get the van that's right for you and don't be too phased by other peoples opinions

:D:D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
J

jonjoe

Free Member
Aug 26, 2017
Wallasey
Funster No
Exp
Newbie looking for first MH
Thanks for all the replies,

With respect to the extra width, I used to drive buses for a living that were 9m long and 2.5m wide so the width is more of a bonus for me which gives that little bit of extra space to accomodate the two dogs.

JJ&D

Feb 11, 2017
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
The only problem we have is with other people not realising just how wide it is and not really making enough space for it on narrowish roads, but you learn to live with it and turn the internal mike of the dash cam off...
We have an Autograph 740 2013 - to be honest it must look wider even than it actually is, lots of drivers coming the other way look terrified of its width! Only really an issue for us where the road is just too narrow to pass. And the width internally is great.

As for build quality - well, we’d not buy another one, even though I accept all makes can have quality issues.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back